PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

But we agree that The Who is garbage right...I mean I was excited for CSI to be cancelled just to stop hearing the music in commericals.

Only guy worse is Clapton....I mean his guitar is ok, but punch me in the ear if they give him a microphone.

I think all the people mentioned are influential in their own rights and deserve a place in music history. I don't particularly care for any of them, but some of the musicians I love do. 

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Beatles have 1 LP worth of good songs spread throughout their entire discography.

Surprisingly off brand for me, but I don't hate The Rolling Stones. I don't particularly like them, but I got Sticky Fingers as a gift and spin it occasionally. 

I’m a Beatles fanboy but The Rolling Stones have exactly 3 songs worth listening to imo

To me those bands are like reading at a 3rd grade level. Uses words and phrases that are easy to digest and discuss with your peers who are almost guaranteed to understand because it's a phase everyone needs to go through to get to the more advanced reading levels that build on what you learned already. The Olivia Tremor Control take a massive Beatles influence and expand the sound deeper in many directions but the average Beatles fan would hear one song and call it shit because it isn't scratching that familiarity loving section of the brain. My bad going off topic but this interests me more than trolling Brand New fans.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly AREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid B)

8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I've been trolling for most of this thread but The Who and The Beatles are garbo sorry man. Right place right time for the Beatles it isn't actually possible for a band to grow to that amount of popularity anymore because of how things have changed. Next thing you're gonna tell me someone can still become the richest person in the world by creating computer operating software. Time is a neat factor to some arguments it's cool to be able to see things past black and white like a dog lol maybe try it.

Yeah, sure, things are different now than then. No argument. And I don't give a shit about any of these dinosaur bands one way or the other (except Blue Oyster Cult, because I will be forever don't fearing the reaper). But The Beatles were popular largely because actual people-type humans liked them, and they remain relevant because [same]. 

I just don't need to slag what I'm not into. I mean, I love bad records that basically no one gives a shit about. I like them, and that's good enough for me. I don't have to pretend that other people have taste problems in order to validate my own.

3 minutes ago, conedust said:

Yeah, sure, things are different now than then. No argument. And I don't give a shit about any of these dinosaur bands one way or the other (except Blue Oyster Cult, because I will be forever don't fearing the reaper). But The Beatles were popular largely because actual people-type humans liked them, and they remain relevant because [same]. 

I just don't need to slag what I'm not into. I mean, I love bad records that basically no one gives a shit about. I like them, and that's good enough for me. I don't have to pretend that other people have taste problems in order to validate my own.

But I'm not they're just using them as examples of bands I can't like anymore. Pointing out the irony brought on this conversation... I couldn't give a fuck what anyone listens to really but if these bands need to be brought up as benchmarks I'm gonna talk my shit :lol:

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Beatles have 1 LP worth of good songs spread throughout their entire discography.

The problem with this opinion is that it is assy. There's a solid $27.00 2LP in there. Though I do not own a single Beatles album, it does not pain me to admit that they could write themselves a choon. No more or less than Neutral Milk Hotel, Brand New, Thee Gorillaz, or whatever else you happen to fuck.

I dunno, it just seems weird to spend internet time talking shit about pop bands. I mean, people like them. The horror...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Big Bang Theory. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rajs nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Big Bang Theory truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sheldons existencial catchphrase "Bazinga," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sheldons genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.  And yes by the way, I DO have a The Big Bang Theory tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

3 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly AREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid B)

How high is that IQ requirement if you’re misspelling “personal,” brah?