PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

9 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

If BN would release a whole album of songs like Track 2 (straight-forward grunge wannabe melodic guitar rock) I would bend the knee and swear loyalty forever. I'm 16 minutes in and hoping for at least 1 more song like that.

A whole album of deep voice backup vocals a la "BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN" would also cause me to pledge allegiance to Brand New. I was bummed when that voice didn't come back and share ocean facts or recite a sea-themed limerick in the vein of a There Might Be Giants cut.

1 minute ago, richardsurf said:

A whole album of deep voice backup vocals a la "BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN" would also cause me to pledge allegiance to Brand New. I was bummed when that voice didn't come back and share ocean facts or recite a sea-themed limerick in the vein of a There Might Be Giants cut.

It comes back.

"DON'T GIVE UP YOUR GUNS"

Just now, Kanellos said:

The song at 34 minutes is giving me The Dead Flag Blues vibes.

The one time I caught Brand New, they played an extended instrumental intro that led into You Won't Know, and it channeled Godspeed in such a good way.  Always wished they'd explore more of the haunting atmosphere of TDAG on future endeavors.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Double LP pleases me.  What are the odds that this drops tomorrow, officially, ships in October (of this year), and the June download is some retrospective "making of" DVD / documentary of the band's final days before calling it quits?

The download link from the receipts is now 100% live. i just checked mine.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The one time I caught Brand New, they played an extended instrumental intro that led into You Won't Know, and it channeled Godspeed in such a good way.  Always wished they'd explore more of the haunting atmosphere of TDAG on future endeavors.

The song I'm referring to is by far the best song on here IMO. They channeled Godspeed really hard on the song. Really loving it.

Also, the email download links are working now. Gives you the full album download.