Jump to content
marc32137

PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Recommended Posts

Looks like they're cracking down on flippers. People that ordered more than one copy of the limited vinyl are getting their orders adjusted. Get ready for a ton of "limited vinyl" to be available soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6urrmp/get_ready_for_a_bunch_of_limited_edition_science/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deafening said:

I hope they do the same for tickets again from scalpers. I was able to grab one during pre-sale, but I can actually sympathize with everyone who refreshed at 12:00:00 on Friday only to see SOLD OUT.  Even that is too Brand New for Brand New.

They've reclaimed tickets historically for their shows so i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand why someone who bought this would sell it.  are they not real fans?  are their people that do flippin for a livin and just buy every pre-order they could just to sell it?  its much worse than i thought it was with flippers.   also,  is the cd in the cardboard paper sleeve sent to fans who pre-orderd a promo? and there will be a more proper cd release for everyone else in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanellos said:

Looks like they're cracking down on flippers. People that ordered more than one copy of the limited vinyl are getting their orders adjusted. Get ready for a ton of "limited vinyl" to be available soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6urrmp/get_ready_for_a_bunch_of_limited_edition_science/

 

After a few listens, I've decided I like the album enough to grab one of these if they go back for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Yeahp, I'm in NJ so I have a feeling it would have shown up by now. If it's not here by Tuesday then that's pretty much confirmation

No biggie

I'm not truly sweating the CD even though it'd be cool to own.  But playing devil's advocate... who's to say Brand New aren't just being Brand New and shipping them randomly?  They don't seem like the type who'd be on the ball to package 500 CDs with haste, and get them all shipped out in the span of 3 days.  I'm not holding my breath to get one, but considering that people are scoring them despite ordering 2.5 after the PO went live, I'd say that all hope is not lost.  For all we know they're being randomly distributed among the first 1,000 orders, shipped out in batches of 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deafening said:

Maybe I’m optimistic or just immune to wild speculation but I think there were 500 records available Tuesday and all orders will receive a CD.

 

Everyone is just impatient.

including myself who checked the mail more than once today.

While I adore this idea, what happened to the other 4500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

While I adore this idea, what happened to the other 4500?

Oh you mean the /5000 that was never confirmed on a link with a broken buy button for a $50 ppd record that sold out in an hour?

 

I get wanting to believe any info that may have been found since the band is a mute but I’m personally not buying those pressing numbers.

 

I admit I may be alone in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tug said:

i don't understand why someone who bought this would sell it.  are they not real fans?  are their people that do flippin for a livin and just buy every pre-order they could just to sell it?  its much worse than i thought it was with flippers.   also,  is the cd in the cardboard paper sleeve sent to fans who pre-orderd a promo? and there will be a more proper cd release for everyone else in the future?

I never ordered the limited edition LP for $50 when it went up and was a lucky enough to grab the Aussie White LP. Had I been in on the first batch and got the CD I would have flipped  it with the quickness. I would have not knowingly ordered ANY compact disc, I would have no way of playing it, and if someone were willing to give me stupid money for it I would gladly take advantage. Don't think it makes anyone less of a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cside said:

I never ordered the limited edition LP for $50 when it went up and was a lucky enough to grab the Aussie White LP. Had I been in on the first batch and got the CD I would have flipped  it with the quickness. I would have not knowingly ordered ANY compact disc, I would have no way of playing it, and if someone were willing to give me stupid money for it I would gladly take advantage. Don't think it makes anyone less of a fan.

Don't give TUG any attention. He's a turd out of water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×