PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

7 hours ago, borispreorderer said:

i dont think youre getting a cd, sorry. my friend and i both had orders from day one, and neither of us got cds. 

Damn, that sucks. The Limited vinyl from Procrastinate must be more than 500 units, otherwise why would they bother to number the cd out of /500?

I'ma pass on that UO variant, like all UO variants---that company is trash and even if it's a band i love, I rather not support any UO release. They're notorious for stealing art from small illustrators and designers and are relentless about it. 

Obviously this isn't entirely relevant to this thread or vinyl and y'all can do whatever you want with your money but I figured i'd point it out for anyone that's in that field and takes offense to that sort of thing 

36 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

I'ma pass on that UO variant, like all UO variants---that company is trash and even if it's a band i love, I rather not support any UO release. They're notorious for stealing art from small illustrators and designers and are relentless about it. 

Obviously this isn't entirely relevant to this thread or vinyl and y'all can do whatever you want with your money but I figured i'd point it out for anyone that's in that field and takes offense to that sort of thing 

It's true. They are a pretty garbage company- no Abercrombie, but not far from it. I feel bad when I buy from them, but not TOO bad.

51 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

It's true. They are a pretty garbage company- no Abercrombie, but not far from it. I feel bad when I buy from them, but not TOO bad.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that me and subsequently any other member on this board skipping out on supporting them would be negligible at best. The releases will still sell out etc

My girlfriend's an illustrator and all of my friends are artists of some form, I'd be in pretty poor standing if I disregarded that because of some variant of an album that I'd be able to get elsewhere 

I got tempted when they had MBV on sale but held out, ironically I still don't own it tho

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Seeing him on stage with them at High and Low was incredible. He added to every song. 

They need to bring the dude to the front during shows instead of what seems behind everyone. From the the videos I saw, he was rocking out with Vin...adds so much more to the show.

Edited by Daiei

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Seeing him on stage with them at High and Low was incredible. He added to every song. 

Did they play any of his songs? 

I can get tickets to their PA show at cost but cost is high enough so I decided to skip it--I love KD so if I knew he was getting more spotlight it might be the tipping point

I'm happy to see him play with them but that actually won't change my experience all too much if it's still a strictly Brand New set

8 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Did they play any of his songs? 

I can get tickets to their PA show at cost but cost is high enough so I decided to skip it--I love KD so if I knew he was getting more spotlight it might be the tipping point

I'm happy to see him play with them but that actually won't change my experience all too much if it's still a strictly Brand New set

Try buying on the day of the show, they might drop significantly and if they don't you've already decided you weren't going. 

15 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Word. Their outright theft of indie artists is completely irredeemable.

Yeah I also am anti UO. Rip the clear, ill stick with my indie.

Speaking of which... never heard of this retailer before but they seem to have copies.
http://booboorecords.com/store/#!/Brand+New+-+"Science+Fiction"+-+Indie+Exclusive+LP/p/90455117

Edited by V3XED

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Isn't there one member here who recently got hired at UO and is totally thrilled about it?  He's got an anime avatar or something, if I recall.  The name escapes me but I imagine he's doing the forum equivalent of slowly inching backwards and out of this thread, at the moment.

Haha, that's funny, but just because his company has shitty ethics doesn't mean they do. 

4 minutes ago, psus2h said:

Haha, that's funny, but just because his company has shitty ethics doesn't mean they do. 

Nope.  A lot of people out there have definitely held a lot more conflicting jobs to pay the bills, I get it.  Just haven't seen any thread boil down into such a UO bash-fest before.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Nope.  A lot of people out there have definitely held a lot more conflicting jobs to pay the bills, I get it.  Just haven't seen any thread boil down into such a UO bash-fest before.

Yeah, no doubt.  I didn't realize people felt so passionately about UO.  So much so they'd pass up a Brand New variant because of it.  That's dedication.

58 minutes ago, tape said:

Word. Their outright theft of indie artists is completely irredeemable.

Not to play defender, as they're complicit or even guilty in some cases, but UO doesn't really make anything.  They have vendors which they buy products from.  But because most of everything is sold without implying what vendor it may have come from, it looks like UO ripped off some artist.

Should they check more thoroughly for that stuff?  Yes.  But the responsibility really lies with the vendor to not be a piece of shit and rip off indie artists.

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Yeah I also am anti UO. Rip the clear, ill stick with my indie.

Speaking of which... never heard of this retailer before but they seem to have copies.
http://booboorecords.com/store/#!/Brand+New+-+"Science+Fiction"+-+Indie+Exclusive+LP/p/90455117

Boo Boo records in San Luis Obispo is great! If you are ever in SLO, definitely check it out!

Looks to be gone already though. 

Edited by famousdrumer