PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

58 minutes ago, ethereal said:

at this point the deluxe/super limited better be significantly worth it for how much they are deliberately keeping us in the dark. it was cute at first but now this is just annoying "typical BN BS"

There is like a week left in October, and they really didn’t plan what date they intend on getting these out? 

I’m patient, it’s just blatantly obvious they want to be vague, and I don’t see the point in that.

8 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I actually think my Deluxe edition is getting delivered today.

I keep a painfully accurate list of everything I order, including thing from Amazon etc. I randomly got an email from UPS MyChoice that I was going to have a package delivered, but then I was like "Wait what is it?" I have several packages in route but they're all from USPS and FedEX. I never got a notification directly from PMT for the CD either, and didn't for this, so I would imagine it's something they'd do. Also noteworthy is that it's 2-day air and I'm a cheap punk who would never buy that good of shipping. So maybe? I guess I'll destroy your hopes by the end of the day.

So what's the verdict?

Thinking about just buying the CD for $8.99 at Best Buy and returning all of my preorders, at this point. 

But seriously, I'm super jealous of those of you who copped some and have them in hand now. I gotta keep waiting till Monday, Tuesday, or beyond. Possibly 2027 for the super-extra-very limited version.

44 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Nothing from Creep Records, shot em' an email to see if they even got their  copies but haven't heard anything back. Kinda  my fault for pre-ordering a moderately hard to find record from a store that regularly posts pictures of bongs/pipes/e-cig juice on their IG.

Fuck em'. Grabbed it from Looney Tunes and will just go through the motions of a PayPal claim.

$29.99 + shipping - http://ltcds.com/product/brand-new-science-fiction-vinyl-lp-indie-exclusive-variant-pre-order-out-10202017/

10 hours ago, novalue1209 said:

local shop wants $54 for the red/blue variant :/

9 hours ago, jhulud said:

Did you laugh at them and between chuckles ask why they jacked it up so much?

9 hours ago, novalue1209 said:

probably worth noting the store is called Cheapies

7 hours ago, bridley said:

Hamilton, Ontario?

7 hours ago, novalue1209 said:

yep

7 hours ago, bridley said:

I was wondering what the CAD price was going to be. Picked it up from a shop in Alabama and after shipping and exchange it's just below $40CAD.

$54 is absurd!

so did this store essentially just PO from an american store, receive, mark up, and relist the record? 

or did some Canadian stores actually get these through legit channels? anyone seen indie blue / red in stores in Canada or did everyone on here just PO from an american store that ships to Canada ?

If its the former, who whoulda thunk stores would resort to flipping...what am i saying.. it IS brand new after all. 

7 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Nothing from Creep Records, shot em' an email to see if they even got their  copies but haven't heard anything back. Kinda  my fault for pre-ordering a moderately hard to find record from a store that regularly posts pictures of bongs/pipes/e-cig juice on their IG.

I agree that their Instagram is annoying. But I’ll vouch for the shop as they have always taken care of me when I go in there. They definitely get the rare pressings in.