PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

15 minutes ago, swb said:

I'm trying to be sincere here so I apologize in advance if I can't help but veer into snark. Asking whether perhaps the victims are more deserving of culpability/scrutiny or the perpetrator less deserving of culpability/scrutiny is not playing devil's advocate or providing a thoughtful perspective that has been overlooked. It is literally regurgitating how a majority of people have viewed abuse since the beginning of time.

Adding "I'm not blaming the victim but" or "I'm not taking away the severity of what he did but" before immediately proceeding to blame the victim or take away the severity of what the perpetrator did does not relieve yourself of the burden of bearing the negative reaction you know you'll receive.

I really can’t tell if this is supposed to be directed toward me since I haven’t prefaced any statements, haven’t attempted to place blame on victims, and am not presenting an argument that others have discussed. 

The vast majority of responses have been to end his career, Put him in jail, or have physical violence come to him rather than “I hope he gets the help he needs”

Edited by Tidal Wave

https://twitter.com/degvusser/status/930211774623711233

https://www.reddit.com/r/fightoffyourdemons/comments/7czu44/mods_of_rbrandnew_deleted_my_post_timeline_of/

Emily Driskill apparently dated Jesse after he forced himself on her. She said she kept in touch with Jesse until she was 23 (2009) but her own Flickr account has photos she took of the band in 2011. She also leaked nude video of Jesse in 2012 after they broke up. This is illegal and often considered a form of abuse. Why isn’t she being called out?

5 minutes ago, julianisdead said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fightoffyourdemons/comments/7czu44/mods_of_rbrandnew_deleted_my_post_timeline_of/

Emily Driskill apparently dated Jesse after he forced himself on her. She said she kept in touch with Jesse until she was 23 (2009) but her own Flickr account has photos she took of the band in 2011. She also leaked nude video of Jesse in 2012 after they broke up. This is illegal and often considered a form of abuse. Why isn’t she being called out?

In case anyone wonders why victims feel unsafe coming forward...

7 minutes ago, julianisdead said:

fuckin whataboutism, how does it work?

magnets_c.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

In case anyone wonders why victims feel unsafe coming forward...

Let's just blindly believe everything said on the internet. This scene is pretty well-known for being unreliable on both sides.

While this does seem like a witch pursuit thing, I'm not against anyone trying to figure out the truth.

Just now, deafening said:

Let's just blindly believe everything said on the internet. This scene is pretty well-known for being unreliable on both sides.

While this does seem like a witch pursuit thing, I'm not against anyone trying to figure out the truth.

I'm not saying we need to believe everything on the internet, but imagine a few hundred redditors decided to dig up literally everything they could find on the internet about you without you really permitting it (and obviously anything set to public is just that, but not meant for the level of intense scrutiny I can only imagine).   At this point nobody is really talking about this as a criminal case. If it did, this would be evidence. There is no need for 'detectives' to do their worst to discredit the victims (because I'm sure many of them are doing what you described, figuring out the truth, but even if 2% simply made it their duty to find a way to destroy her, it likely wouldn't be that hard).

7 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I'm not saying we need to believe everything on the internet, but imagine a few hundred redditors decided to dig up literally everything they could find on the internet about you without you really permitting it (and obviously anything set to public is just that, but not meant for the level of intense scrutiny I can only imagine).   At this point nobody is really talking about this as a criminal case. If it did, this would be evidence. There is no need for 'detectives' to do their worst to discredit the victims (because I'm sure many of them are doing what you described, figuring out the truth, but even if 2% simply made it their duty to find a way to destroy her, it likely wouldn't be that hard).

Jesse did not ask for his personal life to be dug up. 

34 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I completely agree that this is intense and aggressive. 

Jesse has not confessed to the specific allegations and nothing has come to light proving them to be true yet. We're about as clear on this as we were the day she made her first comment on FB. I just support the truth, and do not think that attacking neither alleged accused or the alleged victim is constructive.

3 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

Does this mean I should blame Pete Townshend? Because I already am and you can't change my mind. Thanks, now I have more bowls to make.

Joke's on you, I made a Car Seat Headrest reference right under your nose and you didn't even notice muahahahaha

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Joke's on you, I made a Car Seat Headrest reference right under your nose and you didn't even notice muahahahaha

I only listen to good bands so oops :/

1 minute ago, Tidal Wave said:

So what I am getting out of this is that I was 100% right and should keep building on my theory, right? 

1 hour ago, deafening said:

What's up, witchesssss?

4 hours ago, deafening said:

It is easy to see it from this perspective being someone that has likely not been put into this kind of situation, the point is to not look at it from your own personal experience and what YOU would probably do, and open up to the experience they may have had.

I agree ,that's why I'm not judging: I simply can't because like you wrote I've never been in a similar situation: none of us knows exactly what happened and how. 

What Lacey did IS WRONG and I want it to be clear. Nonetheless, I don't think we can consider the girls involved such as children who are offered a candy outside the school. 

Besides, let's also try to see the story from Lacey perspective: a young adult in his 20s you suddenly became famous and had hundreds of girls ready to do anything for him..He was young and stupid and probably didn't even realized he could have hurt someone.