ANTI-FLAG. AMERICAN FALL.

Satan

"American Attraction" song is absolute trash. i think thats pretty objective after just a cursory listen. Man, i miss how they sounded on The Terror State. Slightly more honest lyrics back then too, but any punk band who claims to be anarcho-/anti-imperial/whatever and still telling you to vote does not know what they are talking about, or is just lying.

5 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

"American Attraction" song is absolute trash. i think thats pretty objective after just a cursory listen. Man, i miss how they sounded on The Terror State. Slightly more honest lyrics back then too, but any punk band who claims to be anarcho-/anti-imperial/whatever and still telling you to vote does not know what they are talking about, or is just lying.

Glad I'm not the only one. Yeah it seemed over repetitious for meaning almost nothing, and a little too poppy with all the background wooing. Sounds like they're going for a more radio friendly "Rise Against" kinda sound. Which isn't bad, but I hope every song isn't like that. I also realized that the album was produced by Good Charlotte's Benji Madden, which I hope doesn't mean much. Their albums do not hold up well at all these days IMO.

I'm blatantly biased towards this band as they've been one of my favorite bands since I can even remember. Loved the "Racists" song but this one, I don't know about. The effects on Justin's voice are weird and unnecessary. 

On another note,  Went to Warped about a month ago and my girlfriend who is battling breast cancer got hooked up with the Living The Dream Foundation and we got all access passes and got to meet and hang out with Antiflag. Had the honor of watching them from the stage and it was incredible.

I met anti flag at west 49 back in like 06 or something. They were meeting staff for some reason. 

One of the guitarists sister and her husband were murdered in boston during the meet and the entire band suddenly left. Sad scene. 

Also i remember when the terror state was the "poppy" album that everyone hated. Havent listened to these guys since the bright lights. 

So there is what i have to contribute. 

• 2 months later...