PO Now: Julien Baker - Turn Out the Lights

10 minutes ago, 1876records said:

AOTY contender for me. also, fuck everyone (especially Rare Limiteds) for flipping copies on Discogs for stupid prices. 

The flipping is so real. Makes me regret missing the splatters even more since I know I will have to pay out the ass for them on the secondhand market. At least it's a beautiful album.

1 hour ago, Codyoster said:

The only ones available on matador and local retailers is the clear, so I'm guessing that e mail was wrong. I'm assuming then also that orange is tour only. But luckily I checked matador cause my local sold out and I got a clear from them shipped for less than retail. Sick

It does say "The rest can be purchased via Matador Records and at your favorite retailers after October 27th", so maybe they will, you know, later.

Edited by tape

Email from 6131 September 18 2017

Julien Baker
"Turn Out The Lights"

We're so excited to be offering a new variant of Julien Baker's new album "Turn Out The Lights" out October 27th on Matatdor Records!

But there's a catch...

Only 300 of the 2,000 are available for preorder exclusively from 6131Records*. The rest can be purchased via Matador Records and at your favorite retailers *****AFTER***** October 27th......

*Limit one record per customer.

11 hours ago, joneboon said:

got a clear as well, curious what she will bring with her on the european tour (seeing her this saturday)

Please, can you take a picture of the merch stand when you go to that show? I'll be seeing her in Barcelona in a few weeks.

Thank god I could get the 6131 first limited edition of this album. Now its so overpriced :S

This is what she had at the show on Saturday:

0ppf6l5l.jpg

Plus there was vinyl of both albums (orange for Turn Out the Lights, purple and dark blue splatter for Sprained Ankle) and the 7". Also the Sprained Ankle cassette and the Turn Out the Lights CD.

There was also a tote bag with that round tiger art from the white shirt on the right, and a tan baseball cap. There may have also been an enamel pin but I can't recall for sure.

Of course, there's obviously no guarantee that this will also be the same merch for a European tour. For example, they only had one of the shirts available in my size, which makes some sense as it was the penultimate night of the tour. Now, these same things might be restocked for Europe, or there might be totally new stuff. Who knows?

Edited by tape