PO Now: Julien Baker - Turn Out the Lights

2 hours ago, ryantark said:

D- review for your entertainment 

http://m.westernherald.com/arts_and_entertainment/article_7a84ac24-c333-11e7-9b6e-dfaffdcef4a8.html?mode=jqm

Overall, I would not recommend this album for anyone unless you are drowned in so much teenage angst that you have no other outlet.”

Dictionary.com word of the day must have been "ostinato." 

2 hours ago, ryantark said:

D- review for your entertainment 

http://m.westernherald.com/arts_and_entertainment/article_7a84ac24-c333-11e7-9b6e-dfaffdcef4a8.html?mode=jqm

Overall, I would not recommend this album for anyone unless you are drowned in so much teenage angst that you have no other outlet.”

Kid's tryna get noticed by Pitchfork with that kind of off-base bold review strategy 

For those who may be interested, Shangri-La Records in Memphis has copies of American Blues from Julien’s previous band, the Star Killers, on vinyl. It was supposedly limited to 300 and is probably reasonably hard to come by, but I ordered it last week and got it today and it’s still showing as in stock. Not sure how many more copies they have. 

https://shangri.com/product/american-blues/

I'm fully aware this photo is garbage but this was worth schlepping down to Banquet Records to pick up today :)

POrf3Tv.jpg

They tend to sell a handful of signed albums after gigs promoted by them happen (she played an in-store yesterday but I couldn't make it) and I was expecting black, *maybe* clear if I was lucky. But nope, tour purple! It's actually more of a fuchsia color, especially when held up to light. Very pretty and complements the album art well.

23 minutes ago, openupyourskull said:

I'm fully aware this photo is garbage but this was worth schlepping down to Banquet Records to pick up today :)

POrf3Tv.jpg

They tend to sell a handful of signed albums after gigs promoted by them happen (she played an in-store yesterday but I couldn't make it) and I was expecting black, *maybe* clear if I was lucky. But nope, tour purple! It's actually more of a fuchsia color, especially when held up to light. Very pretty and complements the album art well.

Snagged one! Thanks for the heads up!!! :D:D

4 hours ago, openupyourskull said:

POrf3Tv.jpg

Edited by LPancakes

12 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Heartbreaking performance in Hamburg yesterday. A set full of setclosers, no encore, topped it off with a tour press.

Tour press?  What color vinyl, was this numbered, etc?  Info please....

I saw her in Montreal in Oct and there was no tour press, nor any mention from anyone else here who saw her recently.  These presses may be new.