(PO Now) King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard with Mild High Club - Sketches Of Brunswick East

1 minute ago, GoBlue325 said:

I am having a hard time believing a surprise drop of 1000 copies were gone in 20 min. I know their pre-orders usually have multiple variants and they go fast, but not on this level. Something tells me we will see more available as someone mentioned.

I mean..Julien Baker's variants got snatched up in maybe 30-40 and she doesn't have as wide a fanbase the Gizz. Plus people were already chomping at the bit after the Thee Oh Sees drop this morning. I can believe it.

50 minutes ago, GoBlue325 said:

I am having a hard time believing a surprise drop of 1000 copies were gone in 20 min. I know their pre-orders usually have multiple variants and they go fast, but not on this level. Something tells me we will see more available as someone mentioned.

I knew I wasn't going to order from Flightless because of the insane shipping to the US, so I was paying attention only to see how fast the white sold out.... 13-14 minutes is how long it took. there's GOT to be a lot of copies that'll be added back in.

13 minutes ago, swazzyswess said:

I knew I wasn't going to order from Flightless because of the insane shipping to the US, so I was paying attention only to see how fast the white sold out.... 13-14 minutes is how long it took. there's GOT to be a lot of copies that'll be added back in.

wow. not bad if they really moved them that fast. 

but the shipping cost isn't horrible. it's about $14 to travel at least 9,400 miles from AUS to USA. that's like one fifteenth of a cent per mile.

2 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

wow. not bad if they really moved them that fast. 

but the shipping cost isn't horrible. it's about $14 to travel at least 9,400 miles from AUS to USA. that's like one fifteenth of a cent per mile.

I see you're a glass half full kinda guy...I approve

7 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

How does leaking your own album in 2017 create hype for a band? Especially one that is established already

Most artists are barely surviving. I don't think taking a potential purchase away from a consumer because they"already have it" works for the artist or label. While it might make a few newcomers go out and buy a record, most people are in the digital realm and a leak takes away a purchase.

Murder was also the largest pressing for any record that Flightless ever did, band has been hyped with the 5 releases in 2017 since late 2016 and tours the world on a regular basis.

A leak would seem to take away from the hype of release, not add to it. Especially in our day and age where most people forget about things a week afterwards

Because if they don't someone else will.

13 minutes ago, GoBlue325 said:

Doesn't it make you wonder why none of these are on eBay yet if they sold out? It would be a given that they'd be on there immediately if people secured orders I would think. 

I'm probably just being overly optimistic...

A lot of flippers probably ordered multiple and are waiting to see if they get canceled on. Still surprised that a single one hasn't popped on there yet.

10 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

A lot of flippers probably ordered multiple and are waiting to see if they get canceled on. Still surprised that a single one hasn't popped on there yet.

I know Gizz fans are crazy but I can't imagine 1000 single orders happening in 20 minutes.  Unless all 1000 werent being sold on their website

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

3 hours ago, Mourning Wood said:

wow i missed thee oh sees and this today despite the fact that i've had a computer within arm's reach since 5am. I hate you vinyl! :angry:

This is exactly what happened to me. I spent a good amount of time re-checking Thee Oh See's for the extra copies, and while I'm doing that Gizz goes up and sells out before I even know about it. How did I miss both?

3 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

This is exactly what happened to me. I spent a good amount of time re-checking Thee Oh See's for the extra copies, and while I'm doing that Gizz goes up and sells out before I even know about it. How did I miss both?

Well the good news is that more of (Thee) Oh Sees copies are going up in the future.

Flightless may be content to let this LP stay a flippers paradise.  I thought they had learned something from the last 4 releases

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Well the good news is that more of (Thee) Oh Sees copies are going up in the future.

Flightless may be content to let this LP stay a flippers paradise.  I thought they had learned something from the last 4 releases

You do know that the record is still available in Black

#BlackVinylMatters

Edited by youspinmeround

43 minutes ago, GazHilarant said:

Someone on facebook was worried their order may be cancelled because they ordered 2, they emailed Flightless expressing their concerning and were told no worries, they can have 2. So for anyone who missed out looks like more will not be going up :(. 

So instead of "strictly limited to one per customer" it was "strictly limited to the amount you purchase."  Well at least that explains a lot.