PO now: Quicksand "interiors" out Nov 10th

28 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Not listened it yet, but why on Earth a band like Quicksand would use as a producer or even talk to to someone called will yip???

Cause that's his legit name

also I believe that him and Walter worked on title fights "shed"

Edited by crossedoutname

Thought the production was really fitting. Pretty bass heavy, Sergio gets a lot of space to shine. 

Said this in another thread but to ME, it sounds like they achieved the "wall of sound" feel they were going for. If you take the 98 demo and throw in the heavy layer type tracks like Freezing Process and It Would Be Cooler If You Did, along with a lot of the weird guitar stuff they've been doing live since the reunion, you'd get this album. 

I feel this album is the best representation of Quicksand in 2017. 

If they went for a raw sound, it would not fit Walters vocals.

I only listened to this on my  bike ride today and I thought it was pretty awesome for this and certainly inline with more of the more melodic portions of Maniac than the aggression of Slip

Edited by youspinmeround

Quicksand statement about the 3 piece situation:

"As some of you have noticed, we played our show this past Tuesday in Phoenix as a 3 piece. When we began working on new music in the Fall of 2016, Tom wasn’t in a good place health wise. We wrote and recorded Interiors with the three of us. Flash forward to the Summer of 2017, the record was done and we were planning it’s release and the corresponding tours. Tom was in a much better place, and the four of us began rehearsing for the forthcoming tour. We were happy to be playing with him again and looked forward to the future. After a week of some amazing shows, the road has proved to be a difficult environment for Tom who’s headed home to work on his health. We wish him all the best, and thank you all for your continued support."

-Alan, Sergio, Walter

So they wrote and recorded Interiors like 3 piece, now a lot of things are clear about some musical and production choices, Tom was always the hardcore/heavy soul of Quicksand...Hope that the guy will be fine soon, i met him 2 years ago in Berlin and he was stellar....

Maybe I had really low expectations for this album, especially given the first track they released, but the record is pretty darn decent. I couldn't expect a whole lot more from Quicksand in 2017. Sure, it's note Slip, but that was lightning in a bottle. My only complaint is that the record is a little one-noted, but I think it will grow on me over time.

9 hours ago, thievesdont said:

They wrote Slip without Tom. He came into the sessions at the last minute. They had kicked him out previously. 

Don't get it mixed up, love it or hate it Walter has always been the driving force of Quicksand. 

I know that Walter is the songwriter and that Slip was written for the most part without Tom. Like Walter often said he likes play with musicians that partecipate to the creative process and my thinking is that maybe Tom can add a little more heaviness to this songs. Just an idea anyway. Like i said maybe my expectations were too hight. One thing is shure: i really don't like the production and the mixing...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Totally love this record, feels like a worthy follow up to Manic Compression , but it has a modern feeling, so I don't have the feeling this could have been made in 1997 but rather in 2017.

Only downside, the second song has a bliep sound, that is the same as my radar detector, so every time that songs comes on, I feel that a police officer is around the corner with a radar gun.

Still waiting for the Quicksand/Rival Schools/Worlds Fastest Cars version of Hostage Calm to be released.

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Just noticed that SRC has one listed as Clear w/ Black Smoke. Is that the standard retail variant or some indie one?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:45 PM, GradedOnACurve said:

I think these are the same.

This album is a big grower, now i must admit that i love it, but i still think that when there are 2 guitars one is too much low in the mix and onestly i still miss the Tom Capone interplay, Walter had great ideas like usual but Tom guitar playing is more technical and complex....Anyway i just received shipping notification for clear and signed orange...

Edited by daniele