Jump to content
bluescreenlife

PO: Billy Corgan - OGILALA

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Billy is playing three nights (two sets a night!) at the tiny Hollywood Forever Masonic Lodge in November.   Tickets aren't cheap .... :

 

WILLIAM PATRICK CORGAN

in The Masonic Lodge at HF

An intimate evening with William Patrick Corgan as he performs songs from his newest solo album, OGILALA (produced by Rick Rubin), as well as a second set spanning works from his earliest days through The Smashing Pumpkins and beyond.

3 NIGHTS
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2017

Tickets are $79.50 and go
ON SALE FRIDAY at 10AM

hollywoodforever.ticketfly.com

PARKING IS FREE ON SITE

we know and have already talked about it in this one page thread lol. ;)

 

j/k thread is now on the second page.

Edited by jrodan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, highfives said:

I don't really know how much it will be, but it always seems like the autographed shit from Zuzu's ends up being ridiculously price.

Which really pisses me off, because when I paid $300 for one of his meet and greets and drove 7 hours to be there, he wouldn't sign my OG orange Siamese Dream record because "if I sign yours I have to sign everyone's"... "Everyone" being the 10 dedicated fans in the room. That was my 3rd and last time trying to get an autograph from him, especially when he had $250 signed albums on Zuzus website shortly thereafter.

Edited by bluescreenlife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluescreenlife said:

Which really pisses me off, because when I paid $300 for one of his meet and greets and drove 7 hours to be there, he wouldn't sign my OG orange Siamese Dream record because "if I sign yours I have to sign everyone's"... "Everyone" being the 10 dedicated fans in the room. That was my 3rd and last time trying to get an autograph from him, especially when he had $250 signed albums on Zuzus website shortly thereafter.

Paying a huge markup for an autograph is fucking stupid.  I'm a huge Corgan fan and I'll never do it.  A few bucks?  Sure.  But when something is $100 more because of a signature that isn't even personalized, it's bordering extortion.  You'd think with how his later career has gone, he'd be happy to sign a few autographs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, beags said:

Surprised to see this getting slammed on SPs social media posts, I'm really digging the new single and the blue vinyl was an insta purchase for me. Really wish he'd hurry along those Machina represses though :( easily 2 of my favourite albums of all time

A lot of people are trashing it.  I could do without all of the vibrato and "lovers" but I really like the song, the production, and the mix.  His voice IS loud, but Rubin has made it sit better than previous efforts.

 

I preordered the blue pretty much instantly, so whatever gripes I have aren't keeping me from buying it.

 

And a big fuck yes on the Machina I/II reissue.  I've been tempted to buy an OG copy a bunch of times but have held off because, money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

I love the weirdo aspect. He's completely lost the plot and I can't wait to see what he does next. 

To me there's a difference between being eccentric and treating your dedicated fans 

like garbage. At the same meet and greet I described earlier there was a guy that flew across the country for this little half-hour acoustic show at Zuzus, brought his Billy Corgan signature Reverend guitar to have autographed, but all he got was "sorry I don't sign guitars." He'd literally given Billy thousands of dollars already, but it was too much for Billy to write his name in return. It just says something about his character. 

 

Still looking forward to hearing the album, and the SP reunion, but I have little respect left for the man himself. 

 

Done ranting now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I was talking about the Alex Jones stuff., but yeah to a lesser extent that stuff too. 

 

 

Wow, didn't realize this egg was quite that much of a fucktard.  

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/05/billy-corgan-has-no-love-for-bernie-sanders-its-just-crazy-to-me/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I met him I asked about the Alex Jones stuff. He chuckled and said "oh yeah, the fake news stuff". He seemed to view Alex Jones like he (and many) view wrestling, which as many of us know he's big into. It's entertainment. I don't think WPC is a Trump supporter or a fan of anyone who is, but I do think he strongly believes in constitutional rights, in this case free speech. Anyway, I really don't want to get into politics so I'm leaving it at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

To me there's a difference between being eccentric and treating your dedicated fans 

like garbage. At the same meet and greet I described earlier there was a guy that flew across the country for this little half-hour acoustic show at Zuzus, brought his Billy Corgan signature Reverend guitar to have autographed, but all he got was "sorry I don't sign guitars." He'd literally given Billy thousands of dollars already, but it was too much for Billy to write his name in return. It just says something about his character. 

 

Still looking forward to hearing the album, and the SP reunion, but I have little respect left for the man himself. 

 

Done ranting now :)

That is really crummy about not signing things for your fans, especially when they go great distances, physically and monetarily, to make it happen. 

 

37 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

When I met him I asked about the Alex Jones stuff. He chuckled and said "oh yeah, the fake news stuff". He seemed to view Alex Jones like he (and many) view wrestling, which as many of us know he's big into. It's entertainment. I don't think WPC is a Trump supporter or a fan of anyone who is, but I do think he strongly believes in constitutional rights, in this case free speech. Anyway, I really don't want to get into politics so I'm leaving it at that. 

 

I listened to that Alex Jones interview because I was curious and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I abhor Alex Jones but it was an interesting discussion and Billy was quick to sidestep any controversial things that Alex Jones may have said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

That is really crummy about not signing things for your fans, especially when they go great distances, physically and monetarily, to make it happen. 

 

 

I listened to that Alex Jones interview because I was curious and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I abhor Alex Jones but it was an interesting discussion and Billy was quick to sidestep any controversial things that Alex Jones may have said.

Yeah, I felt the same. Billy is actually pretty level-headed when you watch his interviews. I think media likes to take the fact that he said Trump supporters should be allowed to have free speech, and spin it to mean he's a Trump-lover with the same message as the people at the rallies. No, he's just saying he doesn't believe in silencing somebody because they have a different opinion that you. And I agree. I'm neither conservative nor liberal, but I was annoyed at a lot of the immature liberal reactions to Trump's success this past election. I don't like it either, but we have to be mature about it. I also agree with his "entertainment industry doesn't care about facts" statement. They want clicks on their websites so they can profit as much as possible from advertising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

The no-pay-until-ship gets me to order so many things I don't need from BM. Guess I'm getting a blue and pink...

I'm still wrestling myself not to get a pink since I got a black with the bundle but I really don't like getting black unless absolutely necessary. Must resist double dipping...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×