bluescreenlife

PO: Billy Corgan - OGILALA

On 8/23/2017 at 8:00 AM, bluescreenlife said:

To me there's a difference between being eccentric and treating your dedicated fans 

like garbage. At the same meet and greet I described earlier there was a guy that flew across the country for this little half-hour acoustic show at Zuzus, brought his Billy Corgan signature Reverend guitar to have autographed, but all he got was "sorry I don't sign guitars." He'd literally given Billy thousands of dollars already, but it was too much for Billy to write his name in return. It just says something about his character. 

What a prick  :o

I'm digging the new single, and this statement by Corgan:

Having written the songs for voice and guitar, I put myself in Rick’s hands to take the music wherever he’d like. Normally I would have done more, and tinkered more on production, but rather Rick put the onus on me to deliver at a molecular level via live takes. The rest was simply a reaction.

Gives me some hope that this time he hasn't screwed up everything with wrong choices and shitty arrangments like random synths all over the place.

Anyway, the days I blindly trusted him are long gone, so I'll be waiting to hear the full album before buying anything.

2 hours ago, helsabot said:

I'm digging the new single, and this statement by Corgan:

Gives me some hope that this time he hasn't screwed up everything with wrong choices and shitty arrangments like random synths all over the place.

Anyway, the days I blindly trusted him are long gone, so I'll be waiting to hear the full album before buying anything.

Part one:  agreed.

Part two: I think I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt.  Being such a huge musical force in my life for so long has kind of granted him that.  As an artist, I can look at my own work and know I've created a wealth of terrible shit but I'd hope people wouldn't discredit me entirely because of it.

6 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

Hope nobody here buys that shit. He won't sign them for dedicated fans but can take a stranger's wad of money for it. 

Gonna be tough to make that stick here... 

A place where a number of members prefer to flip their purchases for a wad of stranger's money, over reselling at cost to dedicated fans. ;)

Just saw this in my email:

Beginning tomorrow, join WPC (aka Billy Corgan) on Facebook as he performs one song per day LIVE from his teahouse, Madame Zuzu’s. Tune in every day at 4pm CTto catch songs from his new solo album, OGILALA, as well as works spanning from his earliest days through The Smashing Pumpkins and beyond.