PO NOW : And So I Watch You From Afar - The Endless Shimmering

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

So is it just the pre-order for the coke bottle clear LP? I have a knack for missing more LTD/Exclusive variants. 

These guys rock though, bad album art or not.

Looks to be just one US press of 1,000 on coke bottle, across the board.  There may be a tour press and there'll probably be a Euro press on a separate color.  Coke bottle is one of my all-time favorites, so I'm really grateful that it's stateside.

This probably won't sell out anytime soon because the band has nowhere near the traction they did in the S/T and Gangs.  I've said it before, but I think they lost a whole lot of people with the tropical approach on AHBF.  That's an odd album and one that I have to be in the right mood for, myself.  I know that a whole lot of people weren't impressed with Heirs either, but I personally have gotten a ton of mileage out of that record.  I think literally every track on the record has a really strong progression, or a well-crafted melody, or something that otherwise makes it noticeable.  I can only hope the new record is similarly consistent – at least in my books.

48 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Looks to be just one US press of 1,000 on coke bottle, across the board.  There may be a tour press and there'll probably be a Euro press on a separate color.  Coke bottle is one of my all-time favorites, so I'm really grateful that it's stateside.

This probably won't sell out anytime soon because the band has nowhere near the traction they did in the S/T and Gangs.  I've said it before, but I think they lost a whole lot of people with the tropical approach on AHBF.  That's an odd album and one that I have to be in the right mood for, myself.  I know that a whole lot of people weren't impressed with Heirs either, but I personally have gotten a ton of mileage out of that record.  I think literally every track on the record has a really strong progression, or a well-crafted melody, or something that otherwise makes it noticeable.  I can only hope the new record is similarly consistent – at least in my books.

I was totally on board with All Hail... but they lost me after that. I don't know whether it's just overexposure (I think I'm well into double-digits on seeing them live now) or my own tastes changing but Heirs and this latest track just haven't grabbed me at all. They're not bad songs, I just think they're a little...predictable? I had the same issue with Maybeshewill who I think were probably on a similar level at a similar time, their later stuff left me feeling the same.

That said, I'll always go and see them when they come through. Absolute force of nature in person!

Color me jealous.  I've only ever seen them open (on one and a half occasions) but they absolutely killed it, both times.  Would love to see another US tour.

And while our opinions on AHBF vs. Heirs may vary a bit, at least were very much on the same page with MSW.  Their last album can't touch the earlier material, for me.

On 22/08/2017 at 11:51 AM, Derek™ said:

Would love for Gangs to get repressed, but I doubt that'll happen.