PO: Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

5 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Any more info on the vinyl from FYE?

Drew sent me a text pic of the sign at FYE. At the bottom of the ad, it says: Reserve Your Exclusive Color Vinyl Variant Coming Soon!

DOOvUueX4AEzG6v.jpg

No idea what that may mean...do you have to go in-person to FYE to order/reserve or will it be online? I tweeted at FYE asking...but of course no response.

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The thumbnails of these alone just mar my soul.  Holy fuckringe.

I thought these videos were satire until I looked at the related videos and saw a billion other insufferable reaction videos like this.

Someone wake me up. This is the darkest timeline.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the album and it's a lot better than I expected.  granted, I expected it to be really bad.

there's some good stuff from a musical/instrumental perspective.  "bangers" if you will.  a lot of the lyrics feel to me like a step back from the progression in the last couple of albums in the sense that they feel less mature.   that part seems a little disappointing to me.  I mean, I dunno. I guess her primary market is still teenage girls so maybe I shouldn't expect more, but other young/teen artists have had their music shift and grow as they grew up and I was hoping Taylor would as well, and she just doesn't seem to be doing it.

I'll say this though, I thought "Look What You Made Me Do" was absolute garbage when the single got released, and listening to it today it seemed ok. 

tl;dr more listens will be needed for sure but it's not nearly as bad as I expected

12 hours ago, jhulud said:

I've given it a few repeated listens but I'm not warming up to it. At least not as quickly as 1989. It feels like a forced effort to be indie pop but not really getting it. And the overuse of effects & auto-tune in some spots just grinds my gears. 

Quite the contrary for me. Each listen gets better... there’s so much going on in the music (mainly the Jack songs) and the lyrics are really starting to “process” with me