PO: Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

Too soon to post?

I mean...everyone else does it based on rumors on a new single dropping (on Fri 8/25) and cryptic teaser videos posted (all across her social media).

:lol:

----------------------------------------------------

Reputation out on 11/10. First single drops 8/24 at midnight.

21032791_10154975234150369_1493436770276

12 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Too soon to post?

Your favorite band/artist announced a new album? Great! Don't start a "PO SOON" thread unless there's any solid & legit info on a vinyl release. Get hyped about the release on the EE board. Don't clutter the main board yet.

C'mon Juan you're not special

10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Too soon to post?

Your favorite band/artist announced a new album? Great! Don't start a "PO SOON" thread unless there's any solid & legit info on a vinyl release. Get hyped about the release on the EE board. Don't clutter the main board yet.

C'mon Juan you're not special

On 4/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, jhulud said:

• Please do not 'Jr. Mod' the boards. Spamming a thread with demands that an user be banned or suspended is not helpful. Using the Report system is the best way to make sure the staff sees and deals with an issue accordingly.

I can't speak for an instant vinyl release but the single is not a rumor. I have a friend who works for Billboard and he told me that they have already heard and reviewed the song. She is sticking with her new total pop style and shows no signs of returning to a country inspired sound.  

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

And someone finally gets the point.

So where did that rule even stem from?  I feel as though it was only recently implemented in the timespan of VC.

Here are my thoughts on it.  I don't want to speak for the entire board, so anyone who disagrees or has more to add is encouraged to speak up.  But to me, half the fun of a "new release" thread is garnering hype.  It provides a collective space for fans to discuss what they're hoping to hear, how they feel about prior albums, what sort of packaging or variants we'd like to see, etc.  To me, that's always a lot more interesting than reading "got the /100!" and "anyone else get a shipping notification?"

But at the same time, I get why we shouldn't clutter up the main vinyl / music board with releases that are only digital, or only seeing a CD press.  To that end, I think that creating PO threads will require some common-sense... which can definitely be asking for too much, depending on the author of the thread.  I think that if an artist has basically confirmed that a vinyl release is in the works, or has teased photos of a test press on Instagram, it's safe to include a PO (Soon) in the thread title and allow discussion to thrive.  I think that if a label releases a vinyl press for 100% of everything they've ever put out, and one of their bands posts an album teaser on Facebook, it's still okay to create a PO (Soon) thread.  Basically, we should have no question marks in any of the thread titles.  It's either in the pipeline for a vinyl press, or it isn't.  Anything that's truly uncertain should indeed sport a question mark, and probably belongs in the Everything Else board.  Once a vinyl press is confirmed, I think it's fair game to move it to the main board.  Waiting exclusively for a PO link before moving it is not ideal – especially if it's a limited release that sells out quickly, because a lot of folks don't check the Everything Else board.  I know I wouldn't want to bother popping in there constantly to keep tabs on one or two releases, at most.  That board should probably house anything limited to digital and-or CD.  Cassette exclusives belong on the Cassette board, which I think everyone is doing a swell job with already.

Just my 2¢.