PO: Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

On 8/26/2017 at 0:19 PM, Vector53 said:

Can't believe her and Kanye are still feuding lol. Good for business/image I guess. Also this song sucks. Carly Rae is the true heir to the pop throne.

I think they were good for a while, "friends" to the public. But then Kanye put out that music video with all the fake naked celebrities and she was one of them so they have beef again. It's quite comical.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:50 AM, LPancakes said:

I absolutely love this song. It's gonna divide opinions but they know what they're doing, the rest of the album will be more palatable. The video is awesome too. 

Can anybody recommend albums like 1989? Female singer with an 80s pop vibe. 

The Robyn self-titled album from 2005 (but not released in the US until 2008) is probably my favorite pop album of that decade. Maybe the whole millennium. (Yeah, even better than CRJ.) Body Talk is better known and also classic, but Robyn is a little weirder and takes more chances, plus it feels more personal too.

Not sure it's necessarily "80s pop" all the way but "Konichiwa Bitches" sounds like L'Trimm, "Should Have Known" sounds like an outtake from Sign O' The Times, and "Be Mine" and "Handle Me" are Madonna-worthy. Also, "Every Heartbeat" is the best single of the 2000s. (In my opinion... but it's the right one.)

5 hours ago, aju2streets said:

What does everyone think of this one? She channels a bit of Kesha on this one, which I can dig, but the chorus is a little dry. 

As much as it pains me to say this, this song blows LWYMMD out of the water. I still miss old Taylor though, but I'm not against this song at all. It is simply pop fodder, but it is infinitely better than most pop fodder out there (and beats the ever living F**K out of anything on the new Katy Perry cd).

3 hours ago, justincb said:

Also, Taylor Swift trying to look all "bad" looks a lot like girls who have nerdy fake glasses and wear short shorts(but not as jarring).  

Incredibly rare and nonexistent? I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing fake glasses in real life it's just one of those internet things that don't really exist. Like "did you assume my gender" memes, nobody has ever actually said that lol.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Incredibly rare and nonexistent? I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing fake glasses in real life it's just one of those internet things that don't really exist. Like "did you assume my gender" memes, nobody has ever actually said that lol.

I hate to give any credit to the no-avatar guy but I saw those types of girls in high school