PO soon (?): John Maus - We Must Become The Pitiless Censors Of Ourselves

Since the official anouncement back in December 2016 I am constantly checking the Ribbon Music homepage to see if there are any news regarding the reissue of John Maus' seminal albums "Love is real" (2007), "Songs" (2006) and "We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves" (2011).

http://ribbonmusic.com/announcements/ribbon-music-signs-john-maus-catalog-for-the-world

I 've reached out to the label, but unfortunately in vain...no vital signs.

This thread should be used to help Mousers like you staying in the loop and to not miss the release date (hopefully within a couple of weeks/months).

Maybe someone out there heard something throught the grapevine?

But that’s not all: Maus has also announced a new career-spanning vinyl box set that will be shipped out in April 2018. Included in the box are Songs (2006), Love Is Real (2007), Pitiless Censors, Collection of Rarities, and Screen Memories, as well as another new album, Addendum, which is exclusive to the set. The collection will also feature a 56-page booklet with lyrics, essays, and exclusive photos. Check out a mockup of the box set below.

johnmausboxset.jpg

Annnnd I must have missed these earlier, but:

US preorder for the new album on silver wax: http://johnmaus.dominomart.com/screen-memories-limited-edition-lp

PLUS!!!!

Box set: http://johnmaus.dominomart.com/screen-memories-box-set (1000 copies)

The 6 LP box set is a limited edition one time pressing on 180gram heavyweight colored vinyl and contains the following releases:

·         Songs (2006) [out of print]

·         Love is Real (2007) [out of print]

·         We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves (2011) [out of print]

·         A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unreleased Material (2012) [out of print]

·         Screen Memories (2017)

·         Addendum (2018) [boxset exclusive LP]

The first 500 pre-orders of the box set receive a limited edition booklet of musical scores drawn and individually signed by John Maus.

Please note, in addition to the five studio albums, the box set includes the twelve track never-before-released studio album Addendum whose LP format is exclusive to the one time pressing of the box set.

Edited by lethalenforcer

• 9 months later...

4 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Does anyone know if the version of Screen Memories in the boxset is exactly the same as the limited silver that was sold separately?

For the box set that was sold through Domino, they shipped the silver Screen Memories ahead of time and the rest of the box came later (sealed separately). For the remaining copies of the box set that went up for sale yesterday on Turntable Lab, those come with the black vinyl version of Screen Memories and presumably everything ships together sealed. Tracklist is the same between the two. Unclear how ttlab ended up with these box sets but my guess is they weren't strictly part of the original 1000 since presumably there would've been enough silver copies of Screen Memories to cover those boxes.

4 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

For the box set that was sold through Domino, they shipped the silver Screen Memories ahead of time and the rest of the box came later (sealed separately). For the remaining copies of the box set that went up for sale yesterday on Turntable Lab, those come with the black vinyl version of Screen Memories and presumably everything ships together sealed. Tracklist is the same between the two. Unclear how ttlab ended up with these box sets but my guess is they weren't strictly part of the original 1000 since presumably there would've been enough silver copies of Screen Memories to cover those boxes.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I already have a silver Screen Memories and ordered a box from TTL this morning. Was also glad to see that they apparently included the signed books in every box. Can’t wait to get this in!