AdBlock Extension Detected!

sketch-logo.png

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

Sign in to follow this  
War-Admirator

Cleaned Vinyl with Windex - now it crackles

Hi guys,

just cleaned my brand new vinyl (bought from Amazon) with windex (the German equivalent to windex) and now it crackles quiet a lot. It had basically no crackling before (like a new vinyl should sound), now it sounds like one of my old ones that has visible scratches etc. When I put another new vinyl on my turntable --> no problems.

I've been cleaning records like this for a while (new and old), so far no problems. 

Any ideas why, and more specifically, any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks for help!

4 hours ago, War-Admirator said:

Hi guys,

just cleaned my brand new vinyl (bought from Amazon) with windex (the German equivalent to windex) and now it crackles quiet a lot. It had basically no crackling before (like a new vinyl should sound), now it sounds like one of my old ones that has visible scratches etc. When I put another new vinyl on my turntable --> no problems.

I've been cleaning records like this for a while (new and old), so far no problems. 

Any ideas why, and more specifically, any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks for help!

Have you tried putting the record and, this is important, and your head in a gas oven?