Po: frusciante - Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a tshirt

21 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Did this come shrink wrapped? If so, was the 7” packaged inside the jacket?  Thank you. 

It came in a resealable plastic sleeve, the 7 inch, additional LP sleeves, and the print of John all were inside the gatefold, as well as the 2 lps which were in polysleeves!

• 2 weeks later...

Between Canada Post and USPS someone fucked up my deluxe shipment so badly it was sent back to Superior Viaduct on Thanksgiving, meaning it won't be addressed until tomorrow, meaning I'll probably receive this in December.

I have six outstanding pre-order deliveries going back to late January, and so far 5 of them are MIA or FUBAR. Joy.

Edited by armadillo01

Whoever ends up with the deluxe the label refuses to reship to me after no fault of my own: You're fucking welcome!

So Steve at this label fucking sucks. He keeps insisting that the package was refused despite the fact that I was at home and my apartment has a concierge, and a record label is in the same building as me even! He keeps insisting I provide an alternate address, which I don't have (None of my friends have a concierge like me so their addresses are way more unreliable) so he's going to refund me. His exact words are:

"Okay. We’ll refund your order then. I don’t want to spend another $20 to send a package to Canada that might be refused again by the Canadian postage service. "

Fucking cheapskates. The customer is never right in 2017. Fuck Superior Viaduct. I'm sorry I ever gave them any money in the first place.

12 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Whoever ends up with the deluxe the label refuses to reship to me after no fault of my own: You're fucking welcome!

So Steve at this label fucking sucks. He keeps insisting that the package was refused despite the fact that I was at home and my apartment has a concierge, and a record label is in the same building as me even! He keeps insisting I provide an alternate address, which I don't have (None of my friends have a concierge like me so their addresses are way more unreliable) so he's going to refund me. His exact words are:

"Okay. We’ll refund your order then. I don’t want to spend another $20 to send a package to Canada that might be refused again by the Canadian postage service. "

Fucking cheapskates. The customer is never right in 2017. Fuck Superior Viaduct. I'm sorry I ever gave them any money in the first place.

That sucks, but how is it the label's fault?  

Edited by aopps42

6 hours ago, aopps42 said:

That sucks, but how is it the label's fault?  

Pretty obvious, tbh: They can reship the item back to the original address considering I have a 24hr concierge and -- to repeat -- I was at home when the package was supposedly refused by me.

Steve at the label is personally at fault for believing that bullshit notification over me, the customer. How is that right?

But hey, keep defending Steve/labels for no reason over a fellow collector/customer on a collector board. Makes perfect sense. Same "logic" being used by Steve to defend Canada Post returning a package that never got delivered to the destination in the first place and claiming that the reason why is that it was refused at the destination it never attained. Seriously wtf is wrong with the world?

Let's keep individually defending the failed systems that plague us over each other/people because it's 2017 amirite?

Edited by armadillo01

To armadillo01’s credit, I too have experienced a “cheap” feeling from the label. My deluxe LP was missing the promo photo so I emailed the label. They apologized and said they would replace it, but they asked if I wanted to buy something else from their website so they could piggyback the delivery of the replacement photo. I felt like that was poor form. 

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Pretty obvious, tbh: They can reship the item back to the original address considering I have a 24hr concierge and -- to repeat -- I was at home when the package was supposedly refused by me.

Steve at the label is personally at fault for believing that bullshit notification over me, the customer. How is that right?

No need to repeat yourself, I read it just fine the first time you whined about it. If a company has something returned to them as refused, and you expect them to

spend their own money shipping it back to the same address again, you're foolish. 

4 hours ago, aopps42 said:

No need to repeat yourself, I read it just fine the first time you whined about it. If a company has something returned to them as refused, and you expect them to

spend their own money shipping it back to the same address again, you're foolish. 

What you're too foolish to realize is the blatantly obvious fact that this logic doesn't apply at all to my case considering the package never actually arrived at the destination.

You know, for someone who pretends to absorb information the first time, how about absorbing all of it and putting all the pieces together maybe? You and the label's logic both is. "My solution to solving the problem of a package that never arrived at its destination is to demand the buyer provide an alternate one because 'The definition of insanity is never repeating yourself...' no, wait, that's not how it goes... 'Fool me never, shame on..." Um, no wait, that's not right, either.... 'because reasons!'"

Edited by armadillo01