PO NOW: Metallica - Master of Puppets (Remastered)

20 minutes ago, thispartysucks128 said:

Hows the sound on these remasters? I've been meaning to pick up the albums from Metallica that I like but I've always been worried about getting a shitty sounding pressing...

That video is awesome...what a neat box set...

Both of the new remasters are excellent(KEA and RTL that is).I assume this MOP is getting the same treatment. If so, I'm definitely getting this new pressing. Not the box, but the record itself. I almost went for the first box sets, but I'm not a big fan of all that extra stuff they came with.

But then... This is my favorite Metallica...

A question following on from that...

So what you're buying from the Metallica site is this version for each KEA and RTL? https://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Ride-The-Lightning/release/8385645

Have AJFA, the black album and Load not had the 2016 repress treatment yet?

Edited by andynz

These will be available on Amazon, save on shipping.  The other box sets had 30k pressings so these won't be going out of print soon.  They did a good job on the first two, I'll probably buy them through Justice.  The records after that had numerous live sets and singles that I purchased ad naseum.  not sure what they'll entice me with from Black through the loads that I don't have.  More live vinyl?

31 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

20170829_201836_7549_1009081.jpeg

https://www.metallica.com/store/music/vinyl/13720/master-of-puppets-remastered-vinyl-master-of-puppets-remastered-edition-har

$27.99

I think I'm going for this instead of the box. I don't know why they didn't do this for the first two...

If this had the live Chicago show with it, I'd be right there with you.  

This took way too damn long! Been waiting for news on this since they announced that they'd be going through the whole catalog when they did KEA and RTL. Didn't grab the boxes for those (didn't grab KEA at all, really the only album of theirs I don't like), but I'm tempted on this one. That's a lot of money, though. 

I'm really interested to see what they'll do with Justice, though. Something tells me they won't boost the bass at all and continue defending that decision to their graves, but it'd sure be nice to have a proper mix of that album. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

How good is the sound quality on the live shows from the previous box sets?  I passed on those and just picked up the standard releases but I may have to rethink that in hindsight.

Good question.

I came across a Lightning box used for $99...I'd love to know how those shows sound.

1 minute ago, Battra said:

Good question.

I came across a Lightning box used for $99...I'd love to know how those shows sound.

I have that set, The shows are raw sounding, but are clean. Really well done:

Someone ripped the Hollywood Palladium show vinyl on youtube:

15 hours ago, andynz said:

A question following on from that...

So what you're buying from the Metallica site is this version for each KEA and RTL? https://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Ride-The-Lightning/release/8385645

Have AJFA, the black album and Load not had the 2016 repress treatment yet?

Only the first three albums have received the remastering treatment from this series.  The others AJFA - DM have not received the special treatment, the current blackend pressings are the Warner pressings from 2008 that, IMO, are very underwhelming.  If you're looking for these albums you're better off looking for older pressings. 

1 hour ago, roadmonkey said:

I have that set, The shows are raw sounding, but are clean. Really well done:

Someone ripped the Hollywood Palladium show vinyl on youtube:

Ah, thank you for that!!

Sounds like many of the boots I've had over the years...a bit cleaner of course...but back then it seemed like no one knew how to properly present a Metallica show...and they were drunk as balls every night...hahaha