PO NOW: Metallica - Master of Puppets (Remastered)

1 hour ago, piky0032 said:

Fingers crossed for an ...AJFA tour!!!!

I guess with the justice box we will may finally see some Binge and Purge Era vinyl......Live in Seattle 89 would be rad....bet they have a heap of other live stuff from that era in the Lars vault

Also there is now a Japanese release of this here .... 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICR-1133

What is the cat# / info on the Japanese (Sony?) AJFA you posted on instagram?

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

A remastered AJFA would be massive! James and Lars would basically be admitting that they were in the wrong. The whole world knows that Newsted's bass lines were lowered to almost nil. Rasmussen mentioned that they were never finalized in his mix. They were scrapped. Lars changed everything he had done. Of course next year will be the 30th anniversary of that album. So fingers crossed they get this one right...

They said after the released it they didn't like the sound.

So, I don't think it would be this monumental admission of guilt.

They made some poor choices in the studio.

IT SEEMS TO ME...that we should be able to repair it.

4 hours ago, VinylMario said:

A remastered AJFA would be massive! James and Lars would basically be admitting that they were in the wrong. The whole world knows that Newsted's bass lines were lowered to almost nil. Rasmussen mentioned that they were never finalized in his mix. They were scrapped. Lars changed everything he had done. Of course next year will be the 30th anniversary of that album. So fingers crossed they get this one right...

We need a remix, not a remaster. The lack of bass is in the stereo mix, so no amount of mastering is going to fix it. The album desperately needs a new mix and release it alongside the original mix so that no-one can say revisionism is bad as they wouldn't be trying to replace it. Hopefully the original multitracks are in good shape. Heck if they managed to find the original PRE-bounce tapes for Sgt Peppers 50 years later to create new stereo and 5.1 mixes, there's hope for AJFA.

1 hour ago, dobyblue said:

They also did a 2LP 45rpm release in 1987. The original vinyl is cut at a very low volume due to the running times per side and as a result has a high noise floor. This is just science.

The Music For Nations 2xLP DMM reissues were the BEST IMO.  They did KEA, RTL, and MOP in that series.  Truly the definitive editions IMO. 

3 hours ago, dobyblue said:

The album desperately needs a new mix and release it alongside the original mix so that no-one can say revisionism is bad as they wouldn't be trying to replace it.

Similarly to Pearl Jam's Ten redux would be awesome. Or Soundgarden's Ultramega OK. That would entail an extremely large box set. But that would be the way to go IMO.

1 hour ago, Satan said:

All that chit chat aside...

this box has Jason's auditions. I'd buy just for that.

I'd love to hear those auditions. But there are only 5 tracks with his auditions. Personally, it wouldn't warrant me buying the entire box. But damn!, this is my favorite Metallica album. If I can muster up the fortitude to pay the other half(pre-ordered vinyl and CD/book combo), I'd buy the box and cancel my order. I guess I have two months to save up...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Is having your email spammed for eternity by Popmarket, regardless of how many times you unsubscribe or complain to customer service, really worth saving a few bucks on this box? 

What email service do you use that you don't have a spam filter or the ability to block specific email addresses?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:48 PM, glass realms said:

Apparently there's an "added value" cassette of a 1986 live show in Japan available at indie shops. One shop here is giving it away free when you buy the super deluxe box. Not sure if it only applies to the super deluxe box of if it's also free if you buy the other formats.

23167514_1683121568426623_53381717484160

THANKS for posting this. :D

My local gave me a tape with the purchase of the MOP LP remaster.

Was originally going to pass on it, as I have two older issues of this album already, but I wanted one of those tapes. Got me to buy it AGAIN. :rolleyes: