U2 - Songs of Experience

New single "The Blackout" comes out tomorrow and then the new album will be announced on September 6th (along with another new song). I personally loved Songs of Innocence so I'm stoked for this.

https://pitchfork.com/news/u2-preview-new-song-the-blackout-which-is-out-tomorrow-watch/

I am very much looking forward to this-I also thought Song Of Innocence was excellent (I think this record was very unfairly judged  due to the release strategy over the actual musical content) and between this clip and the live clips of a different new song they've introduced on this last tour (name escapes me at the moment), I have pretty high hopes.

Slight derailment: as I stated in the Atomic Bomb reissue thread-I wish the 90's/00's stuff get reissued sooner than later. The Atomic Bomb reissue by most accounts was a well done reproduction of the OG, and I'd rather pay those prices over OG prices on something like Achtung Baby or Pop if the quality  is similar.

4 hours ago, backpackoat said:

Can't wait for Scott and Scott's take on this

1 hour ago, Moglog said:

'sbeenawhile

YES. Although, they did do a Joshua Tree Tour ep back in June (where they played the aforementioned live clip of one of the new songs). It was a good ep-a great ep.

I Love I Love Films (not to be confused with I Love Films)  is perhaps the most underrated material ever spawned from the existence of U2, the band.

8 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

Is this another episode of I Love Films?

I think it's safe to assume that everyone in this thread is indeed a lover of films.

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I think it's safe to assume that everyone in this thread is indeed a lover of films.

The Godfather

3 minutes ago, Moglog said:

I'm just blue turtling here, but I do think this could be their best album in a while. 

Is this another episode of Blue Turtlin'?

9 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Was searching on Discogs to find this.

Was this released on CD or Vinyl?

"ep" in this case is short for "episode" in Adam Scott Aukerman parlance and is meant as "podcast episode" from said podcast where all the jokes in this thread are pilfered from. 

It it does not mean "EP" as in "extended play" as in a short album. 

3 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Really like the new song. Really raw bass and drums which is something thats been missing from U2 in their last few albums. Anyone else like the verses more than the chorus?

100% agree and was thinking the same thing about the chorus versus non-chorus lyrics.

With that poppy chorus, it feels like a All That You Can't Leave Behind outtake that was left off for being a little too heavy. So yeah, pretty good. Doesn't make me want to buy the album.

I was way into U2 in the 1990s, but haven't heard the last three albums.