PO Now: 2814 - 新しい日の誕生 (ltd violet vinyl)

30 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

They just posted the 2nd press art on twitter

eHfi6bx.jpg

That's not real is it?  At the very least they could've made a label or indicator and designed it as another neon sign to blend in.  That would've been kind of clever, but whatever.  Still stoked to have ordered when I did on Wednesday.

Yeah my point was that I would have gotten this at a later date when I had more money. I don't give a shit about rarity, I just like this album and would have gladly gotten a repress at later date with cheaper shipping. I bought it under the impression that there were only 1000 being pressed so it was a now or never type of mentality. I am glad that they are printing more so everyone gets to enjoy it though, I just don't like being misled.

When I was in art school we talked about doing an edition of a print  and it betrays your buyers trust if you go behind their backs and print 50 more. They bought it under the auspice of there only being 50 of that edition, so printing 50 more after the fact is essentially lying to them. Obviously art is different than records but its the same deal.

14 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

Yeah my point was that I would have gotten this at a later date when I had more money.

Haven't been following this thread... but is there no way you can cancel your order and reorder later if this is truly your qualm?

Edit: Like the guy above me just posted?

Edited by freedumb

Not sure if this 100% fits in here, but Vinyl-Digital are releasing an exclusive pressing of Catsystem Corp's HIRAETH on green vinyl limited to 300 copies:

https://slyvinyl.com/genres/pop/猫-シ-corp-hiraeth-limited-edition-of-300-mint-green-vinyl-lp

https://www.vinyl-digital.com/Beat-Art/HIRAETH.html

They have currently a 10% off code that should still work until the end of today (GMT+1, approx. 4 hours left): vindig@spotify

The simple point is that, if a producer chooses to capitalize on a product's scarcity (making it 'out of' a relatively low number),  especially in a market particularly based on rarity, then later, after the money is collected, renege on that 'agreement' and make a bunch of copies of the exact same fucking thing, no one should be shocked or surprised that there is backlash from the consumer. Yes, yes, 'more records for more customers = good thing,' but - echoing many others in this thread - if that's what they wanted, they should have done it open to begin with.  If they were gonna make a bunch eventually, every record shoulda been cheaper. But this 'hype' 'snooze ya lose' bullshit about buying new records forces people to be quick on the button, and when that hot-on-the-button savvy is cheapened like this, everyone who paid money ahead of time thinking they were securing a coveted spot is stabbed in the back.

You can downplay the 'rarity game', but it's ever-present when buying new releases. There are websites and forums and a gazillion notifications constructed to make sure people are aware of new, limited releases. There's dozens of new PO's in this forum every day for that sole reason.  It's an inextricable part of this community. People SHOULD be mad, because where does that stuff end? Soon every 'limited deluxe' that costs 60 bucks for 'true fans' will just make more when the preorders are done, and the value of everything decreases, and people will stop preordering because who cares, they'll just make more. Then smaller labels preorder advances will shrink and smaller labels will fold left and right. I know I'm taking an extreme slippery slope view, but I can't help but be drawn to these conclusions. Seriously, just make a separate second pressing, how is it not the same thing? Why make it identical, just to be sure to spit in the face of the preorders?

And no, a tiny sentence indicating the second press isn't good enough if that's the only difference. I'll agree to that much.

41 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Also worth noting: yesterday he deleted the text saying that the second press would have a piece of identifying text on the center labels. So both are probably identical now.

Dirty S.O.B. 
It may be petty to care about something like this, but like HoneyFrosted said above, its bullsh*t, and its false advertising. 

This is just straight bullshit. Unfortunately, this is getting more and more common and I'm sick of it. I am all for an artist making money on their art but there are other ways to go about it rather than lieing to your fans that it is limited. Press 1,000,000 copies. I dont care just dont tell me its limited and press more when it sells out. Thats sneaky and its false advertising. Plain and simple

Edited by Saxonjulin

Just now, ethereal said:

just like your backhanded activity on RareLimiteds, right? you're both losers  

Oh SHIT! Good call. Fuck that @rogeoa8 dude for calling anybody out for shady activity. He's probably just butthurt that the 12 copies he bought from the first pressing have zero value now. Get a real job you waste product.

• 1 month later...