PO: OCS - Memory Of A Cut Off Head (November 17)

OCS - Memory of a Cut Off Head (November 17)

Another album, another name change. Back to basics? I like the sound of this folkiness and I suspect it would entirely be this hushed. And if it is, great. Very 60s. 

01 “Memory Of A Cut Off Head”
02 “Cannibal Planet”
03 “The Baron Sleeps And Dreams”
04 “The Remote Viewer”
05 “On & On Corridor”
06 “Neighbor To None”
07 “The Fool”
08 “The Chopping Block”
09 “Time Tuner”
10 “Lift A Finger”

Midheaven preorder: https://midheaven.com/item/memory-of-a-cut-off-head-by-ocs

Edited by jeromium

1 hour ago, jeromium said:

OCS - Memory of a Cut Off Head (November 17)

Another album, another name change. Back to basics? I like the sound of this folkiness and I suspect it would entirely be this hushed. And if it is, great. Very 60s. 

01 “Memory Of A Cut Off Head”
02 “Cannibal Planet”
03 “The Baron Sleeps And Dreams”
04 “The Remote Viewer”
05 “On & On Corridor”
06 “Neighbor To None”
07 “The Fool”
08 “The Chopping Block”
09 “Time Tuner”
10 “Lift A Finger”

Midheaven preorder: https://midheaven.com/item/memory-of-a-cut-off-head-by-ocs

My ORC pre-order is still waiting to ship because the King Gizzard reissue I also bought hadn't arrived yet from the plant, and now there is a new OCS release coming.  I respect their work ethic and pretty much pick up everything CF does at this point.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ethereal said:

I wasn’t going to say anything but I saw Amoeba tweet about BF RSD and saw this title come up in the .gif they posted. was there a special RSD release we didn’t hear about?

Good eye!  Looks like I need to keep an eye on my phone while at work for inevitable pre-order.

1 hour ago, conedust said:

Dunno. Is it? I mean, the Rough Trade version is apparently out today, but I haven't received notice from CF. Bull Moose lists the release date as 12/1, Amazon has it as 12/15.

Yep the Pink version is out here in the UK (its available at all Indie stores not just RT) and got mine today

22 minutes ago, natenomm said:

I don't know if I can drop $30 on this. That's a little too steep for what I've heard from the album so far...

That is the quandary, there are plenty of people who will be happy to, $36 just seems a little steep for what you're getting.  I'm willing to for one of my favorite bands...but I don't like it!

I definitely hesitated, but the album's been growing on me... and my LP collection is sorely lacking softer, more ambient records. So I took the plunge on the pink smoke. CF's prices are definitely creeping up though, at least for Oh Sees releases.

EDIT: looks like pink smoke is sold out now.

Edited by swazzyswess

53 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I assume the Castleface Pink is different from the indie pink at RT.  I’ve never known Castle Face to do a variant on their website that you could get somewhere else.  Plus the pink smoke name if different than the baby pink name.  

I just dont don’t want to buy duplicates

Yep different versions

3 hours ago, raanmaarz said:

Ordered a Grape Roll-Up edition, didn't want to spend $30 on this either

Me too. $30 doesn't seem terrible for a 2LP, though it's certainly no bargain. I guess I don't mind because I'm happy to see/help the band receive some reward for their efforts. Far easier for me to justify than spending comparable sums on some reissue where the original artist is at best peripherally involved & minimally rewarded.

For a 2LP with nice artwork, printed inner sleeves, and an etching, sure it's a fair price, but the album could have fit on a single LP so I don't know, it's pushing it.

I wouldn't be making this comment if I was really into the album though. But I've only played it once, maybe it'll grow on me in time.

6 hours ago, jeromium said:

I wouldn't be making this comment if I was really into the album though. But I've only played it once, maybe it'll grow on me in time.

I'm really digging it so far, couple listens in :D

I got into the band circa 3&4, Get Stoved & Sucks Blood, so I've long been missing the wispy/folky sound of those early recordings. I don't think MOACOH can quite swing with Thee Hounds of Foggy Notion (Dwyer's best "wispy/folky" outing), but I'm ready to curl up in it for a while, see how it settles. Brigid's voice is especially nice in this context.

Edited by conedust

• 3 weeks later...