Amazon Vinyl Tracking Project

I check this board every day (especially the cheap amazon thread). I also like to program on the side for fun so I decided to make a little site to search amazon's vinyl selection. I know this is not a revolutionary idea but I thought I'd share it here along with my plans for updates.

Right now it's version 0.0.1. It's the most bare bones it could possibly be just to have something to start with. With the currently deployed version you can:

1. Search by artist and get a paginated list of what is in stock from amazon prime for that artist.
  2. You can create an account and make a list of records to keep your eye on. Hover on the cover art and click the arrow on the bottom right (if you have an account).
  3. The current price will update when this list loads so you can check it throughout the day to see if a price drops.

Features to add..

This list could go on forever but like camelcamelcamel, I would first like to add a notification if the price hits a threshold of the user's choice. After that, stronger search/filter options and ordering your list of items you're tracking would likely be the next updates.

I know there are plenty of missing features but I thought a vinyl only amazon aggregator created by and tailored to vinyl collectors is an intriguing idea. I would love feature requests from the community and feedback from anyone who would like a tool like this. Again, I know this is a very simple and unexciting site in it's current state but hopefully, feature by feature, it can be something useful/fun in the near future.

You can see this version at http://other.supply

Very cool so far.  I'll admit, I had to fire up my virtual machine before I clicked on your link.  Nicely laid out.  Does not include pre-orders ( at least the new Metallica MoP  I checked), or out of stock; I think it should include both, and have some kind of note stating the status.

I'll provide more feedback as I get the chance.

11 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

This is really cool! I'm going to make a pin for it on my iPhone's homepage. A cool feature would be to have the ability to change the number of search results displayed on a page. Just an idea. Good job with this! Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Thanks for the nice feedback! Amazon caps the number of results and paginates them but one option I've thought about was doing a lazy load for more results rather than having pages.

42 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Thanks for the nice feedback! Amazon caps the number of results and paginates them but one option I've thought about was doing a lazy load for more results rather than having pages.

I presume by "lazy load" you're talking about scrolling to the bottom and will automatically load more results?  If so, that would be great, I hate pages.