PO: Lemuria - "Secret LP" AKA Recreational Hate

• 3 months later...

This came in today.

Spoliers:

It's their newest lp, 2 months ahead of release date. Called 'Recreational Hate', self-released on their new personal label Turbo Worldwide.  Clear vinyl, really nice gatefold jacket. The enamel pin, poster, and sticker are cool too. Also came with a personalized note from the band.

Definitely worth the gamble. Brand New could learn some things about releasing a mystery bundle, heh.

25 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I ordered it, but I'm curious if this is going to get a wider release. I assume, but imagine they will go with different artwork or something?

It is. The note with the lp says they'll be announcing the preorder this week. I'm pretty positive the clear variant is exclusive to this mystery bundle.

2 hours ago, curator said:

Sweet deal.  I was hoping it was going to get a standard release since it was kind of pricey.

So how is it @yeah_totally??

Ridiculously pricey. I usually buy whatever Lemuria puts out no questions asked, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on a single LP + enamel pin for $32+ ppd.

A good buddy hooked it up with the digital copy, really digging these songs! Doesn't sonically resemble Get Better but has the same energy and feeling.  I'm glad they returned to form and are straight jamming cool songs again. Is Max Gregor still doing bass for them? If so he JAMS on this new album! 

This band sort of fell off my radar. I wasn't into The Distance at all. 10 year anniversary tours, huge merch coffee bundles in order to get the rare variants, seemed cash grabby. Sort of just stopped following the band. I fucking loved all the early 7 inches as they came out and went to the Get Better release show.  

Of the 3 new songs I really dig Sliver of Change. The other two aren't bad. Better than anything off the last 2 full lengths IMO. I'll probably preorder this. Excited to hear the rest. 

Preorders are up:
Big Scary Monsters in Europe:  tinyurl.com/y9cmzjwn
Asian Man Records in US:  https://tinyurl.com/y9w9xgdo
Directly from Lemuria: http://lemuriapop.storenvy.com

US First Press: 
1,000 Clear Vinyl 
2,000 Black Vinyl

BSM: 

300 x black LP 
200 x orange and pink starburst - BSM web exclusive

Grabbed a clear from Asian Man. $13 + $4 shipping, not bad at all. Couldn't justify spending $30 for the bonus 7" or Starburst from Europe.

Edited by kylet

Well, I admittedly screwed up by not grabbing the secret LP bundle when it was available. I love this album more and more each time I listen to it. Definetly the come-back release of the year (nice try Brand New & Glassjaw).

I get a heavy Rilo Kiley/Farewell Continental vibe from this mixed with classic Lemuria energy. It's awesome.

Lemuria is back, baby! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Demo versions, alternative versions, outtakes .. I wonder what the batch of mystery items will be ...