Husker Du - Savage Young Du

12 minutes ago, Never_Enough_Records said:

Anyone write in to them and still waiting on a response? Wrote in on Tuesday. Also still haven't received an order confirmation - not sure if that's a problem or not. 

I wrote to them the day this was put up. Haven't heard back.  No confirmation either. Order does appear in the order page though.  Been listening to the mp3s this morning. I'll echo what others have said, sounds great.

Patience has been my friend with this process. Numero has been awesome about updating things to where they are supposed to be. It's a little slow, obviously because of the inundation of emails and whatnot for a small organization. BUT, it looks like I am and will be ending up with everything I originally intended to end up with. 

I originally put an order in for the silver box +7". At first my order was displayed as simply "-" in my account history. Then, was updated to just the silver box. While I was fairly certain I ordered the box+7", I was like "fine, fuck it, I probably mistakenly only ordered the box in the rush to ensure I got color vinyl"-I looked at it as a mistake I made. Then today, totally unprompted, My order was updated to include the 7"-so needless to say, I'm very happy about that.

I still have not received a confirmation email (which I don't care one iota about, as my order info is all there on my account history page) or my download (I do want this, but I'm less concerned about it because with items like this, I habitually/ritualistically never listen to the digital version before the vinyl). I figure I'll give them a week or so to wade through more pressing customer service concerns before inquiring about the DL.

2 hours ago, xxmartinxx said:

This release is a clusterfuck.  Why so many colors?  Why a separate version with the 7"?  Dumb.

There are three color variants - silver, white and black. Not sure that would count as "so many". The extra 7" seems like an incentive to order straight from the label which makes sense since the price at retail is about ~$10 cheaper.

1 hour ago, glass realms said:

There are three color variants - silver, white and black. Not sure that would count as "so many". The extra 7" seems like an incentive to order straight from the label which makes sense since the price at retail is about ~$10 cheaper.

Multiple colour variants are barely a decade old tbh. I can see how someone would be surprised that it's so prevalent all of a sudden.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:22 AM, DASiano said:

I figure I'll give them a week or so to wade through more pressing customer service concerns before inquiring about the DL.

So, I did get my download over the weekend. Numero, despite being inundated, did a fine job getting (at least) my order up to speed.

I'm very stoked to get my set in November.

On 9/10/2017 at 8:49 PM, xxmartinxx said:

Regarding SST; Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr were able to get their catalog away from Greg Ginn's greedy hands, so I assume Husker Du would be able to do the same thing.

As were the Meat Puppets, but those bands all got along with each other, or at least got their shit together long enough to lawyer up. My understanding is that at least in the past, the Hüskers preferred losing out on all SST royalties to talking to each other, so it's a pretty big deal if that has changed.

4 hours ago, AlexH. said:

As were the Meat Puppets, but those bands all got along with each other, or at least got their shit together long enough to lawyer up. My understanding is that at least in the past, the Hüskers preferred losing out on all SST royalties to talking to each other, so it's a pretty big deal if that has changed.

Since they've gotten together enough to sell merchandise outside of SST a few years ago, I wouldn't think getting Greg to give them back their records would be out of the question.  I mean, J and Lou from Dinosaur disliked each other as much as Bob and Grant (if not more so) and look at them now.