PO: Pinback - Autumn of the Seraphs 10th Anniversary Limited Edition HQ180 Burgundy Vinyl

jeromium

$25

https://store.touchandgorecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/pinback-autumn-of-the-seraphs-10th-anniversary-limited-edition-hq180-burgundy-vinyl

September 2017 marks the 10th anniversary of Pinback's album Autumn of the Seraphs, and we're celebrating! In honor of the special occasion, Touch and Go Records will release a limited edition pressing of Autumn of the Seraphs on 180 gram burgundy vinyl.

How limited is "limited"? Less than 500 copies!?!?! These color vinyl copies of AotS will only be available through the Touch and Go Records web store and at the merch table at Pinback's upcoming shows. 

Pre-Order now and don't miss your chance to own this special anniversary edition of Autumn of the Seraphs. When they're gone, they're gone...

tg300lp_10thanniv_966x483_B.jpg

Edited by jeromium

Yeah, I can totally see where yall are coming from with the fact that there's still black variants on sale, but the same issues were levied against the 10th Anni edition of Summer in Abaddon, yet now you cannot find that variant for a reasonable price. 

I'm a Pinback completionist, so of course I'll be a sucker and pony up the dough.

17 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

Yeah, I can totally see where yall are coming from with the fact that there's still black variants on sale, but the same issues were levied against the 10th Anni edition of Summer in Abaddon, yet now you cannot find that variant for a reasonable price. 

I'm a Pinback completionist, so of course I'll be a sucker and pony up the dough.

all aboard the sucker train... i just bought my ticket too *hangs head in shame*

17 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

yet now you cannot find that variant for a reasonable price. 

And the function of a pointlessly overpriced limited color variant of an in print record fulfills its destiny which is then exaggerated on the second hand market for no good reason by the color vinyl zealots. Its the current standard of overblowing the importance of a title by pressing it in a differently colored and more deliberately limited material.

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

I could never get as into this one as I could with SIA and BSL. Those two are pure gold for me. I should try to give this one another spin real soon.

Me too. Nothing from this album ever clicked with me. I would've preferred more Rob Crowe solo stuff over this.

6 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I could never get as into this one as I could with SIA and BSL. Those two are pure gold for me. I should try to give this one another spin real soon.

You should, especially considering SIA is their WORST album. It's embarrassing how bad it is compared to every other Pinback album. There, I said it.

2 hours ago, kannibal said:

You should, especially considering SIA is their WORST album. It's embarrassing how bad it is compared to every other Pinback album. There, I said it.

Wild. I consider Pinback one of my top five favorite bands ever, and SIA is my favorite of theirs. 

10 hours ago, Arizona_Is_The_Reason said:

Wild. I consider Pinback one of my top five favorite bands ever, and SIA is my favorite of theirs. 

Yeah, a lot of people share your opinion. Me and my friends dont know how or why. On the flip side, I love AOTS (not my favorite), which most people think is their worst.

20 hours ago, kannibal said:

That is a very interesting opinion but opinions are what they are and I respect that. SIA is a perfect ride front to back but I will definitely invest more time in AOTS.