Movie and Video Game Soundtracks

I'm curious on opinions on this. Is there any collector value to any movie or video game soundtracks on vinyl? I picked up an original, but not near mint though it was close, Star Wars A New Hope soundtrack at a local record store for like $15. I was surprised it was so low but is this normal? And is there any value to collecting these besides just for fun?

1 hour ago, underwaterzoo said:

I mean, isn't just having the vinyl you like and want the value of collecting it?

if you're only collecting for monetary value, I think you might be in the wrong hobby.

I am just curious. I am not looking to make money, records is just a hobby right now. Getting a feel for the community. 

I'm just saying that if your interested in the monetary value or aesthetics of records more than the music itself, you're probably not going to last that long here. As  far as other sites, I can't help you with that as a records collectability is not something I'm interested in.

7 minutes ago, zuck said:

I'm just saying that if your interested in the monetary value or aesthetics of records more than the music itself, you're probably not going to last that long here.

I am very much into the music and not just for collector value that is more of an afterthought, a curiosity.  Thank you though.

I mean I get majority of these kinds of soundtracks suck but John Williams, Danny Elfman, Alan Silverstri, and others are great composers for the most part. But even ochestral gaming soundtracks have merit. Not the kind that mashes a bunch of songs together.

Even the Baby Driver record was recommended by my local record shop owner. So I wondered.

27 minutes ago, blackheartsoul said:

I mean I get majority of these kinds of soundtracks suck but John Williams, Danny Elfman, Alan Silverstri, and others are great composers for the most part. But even ochestral gaming soundtracks have merit. Not the kind that mashes a bunch of songs together.

Even the Baby Driver record was recommended by my local record shop owner. So I wondered.

not sure about "collector value", but i personally enjoy a lot of movie and video game soundtracks. i have several on vinyl that i listen to regularly. it's really just down to personal preference. if you're into soundtracks, and haven't checked out Mondo yet, you should. 

43 minutes ago, blackheartsoul said:

Baby Driver's soundtrack is a bunch of licensed songs, but it's really only great if you've seen the movie

I think as with anything, it all comes down to availability and demand and it'll differ depending on the nature of each release. I don't know too much about this release in particular, but it looks like it was widely available in many different countries, which is probably why it wasn't priced as high as you expected:
https://www.discogs.com/John-Williams-4London-Symphony-Orchestra-Star-Wars/master/25529

In general, I think you'll also notice that records that are released in limited colored variants tend to hold their collectors value more as they are more sought after.