Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down

8 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Did you guys see that shit that happened at his concert earlier this week? A huge heavy stage prop fell on him and the show was stopped. They carried him off on a stretcher. I haven’t checked online yet to see what the end result was. 

he just canceled some dates and said ill be back soon or something. not too much details.

gave the album a listen and its solid. probably on the same level as Pale Emperor in my book, the first 4 tracks have an early manson vibe which is cool. least favorite tracks are 5 and 6.

9 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Did you guys see that shit that happened at his concert earlier this week? A huge heavy stage prop fell on him and the show was stopped. They carried him off on a stretcher. I haven’t checked online yet to see what the end result was. 

saw that last week and was so happy I didnt go to the show like I wanted to.  Like mentioned below, he just cancelled the next week or so of shows, but nothing major.  Happy it wasnt worse.

I'm a little behind on the curve and just picked up the white press of Pale Emperor since it's starting to disappear. I've heard mostly good things about it so I'm interested in checking it out. Will get to this one shortly thereafter but it's good to hear positive reviews for Manson albums again.

This album isn’t doing much for me. While starting off strong, Pale Emperor dried up pretty quickly for me and this is starting from the same place. I’m just not inspired by the Manson/Bates collaboration. It sounds  formulaic and manufactured to sound like a MM record. That and the heavy, obvious blues version of MM really doesn’t appeal to me. It’s not bad, but it’s not good, either. Just fair.

Im giving the record a few more listens, but it doesn’t look good...

I don't think he can get any better than Antichrist Superstar for me. Granted Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood, and Golden Age had some great tracks but not every single song was good like Superstar.  Portrait is up there as well. The others after Golden Age seemed ok but not great. I did like most of this new album too. I got the Red. He seems more mature this time around. If that makes sense.

47 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Anyone get shipping for Red copy yet? Seen this on record store shelves but no indication of shipment 

Received a shipping confirmation on Wednesday last week and it should be here  tomorrow. It usually doesn’t take this long for delivery from TN to VA, but media mail, so, whatever.

Just picked my copy up the P.O. after they said it was undeliverable. Conspiracy against Manson? You decide.  Mine came in a proper mailer that looks to be in good shape. Jury is still out on this album.  Hopefully a more intimate listen will reveal some good things.

i’ve been listening to the triptych a lot lately. My fav MM album is Mechanical Animals, but man have I been sleeping on Holywood. I tried it a few times in the past and it never clicked, but for whatever reason I have been really liking it. Such great guitar writing and playing from John 5. It’s now my 2nd favorite MM album.

10 minutes ago, ghost said:

I've read that Saturanalia is cut short on the vinyl release, which is sad because I think it's the best track on the album. Not sure if I want to get a copy now!

That's annoying. I haven't heard the whole album but that was one of my favorites of those I've heard. I don't suppose they could have just formatted the vinyl to accommodate the running time of the damn album. More fuckery. 

5 hours ago, ghost said:

I've read that Saturanalia is cut short on the vinyl release, which is sad because I think it's the best track on the album. Not sure if I want to get a copy now!

Really? id have to listen to it to see if its actually short on record. sadly ive been skipping that song and Jesus Crisis they dont do it for me. 

EDIT: Just listened its still long 6:22 long just not 8min long. they mostly cut off the intro. 

Edited by Hierophant1991

Not to be a dick, but that is NOT a good deal. The Pale Emperor set was grossly, egregiously overpriced to begin with. And here's a rule of thumb: when the description for an expensive box set has more verbiage for the appointments of the printing/binding specifications than actual content, you're probably being ripped off.  That box probably cost about $25 to manufacture. I don't actually know that but I bet it was about that.

The lamination on the art prints for The Pale Emperor has very badle bubbled and flaked off. It's not just my copy, someone else on the Hoffman forums posted a picture of theirs and the same thing happened. As I'm sure most people haven't looked at their prints since they received the record two years ago, have a look. It sucks. 

36 minutes ago, numanoid said:

The lamination on the art prints for The Pale Emperor has very badle bubbled and flaked off. It's not just my copy, someone else on the Hoffman forums posted a picture of theirs and the same thing happened. As I'm sure most people haven't looked at their prints since they received the record two years ago, have a look. It sucks. 

But of course....