WTB/WTTF: Afghan Whigs DTTB Clear Vinyl

Plarocks

Looking for the Afghan Whigs "Do To The Beast" on clear vinyl, that the band is selling on tour.

Saw it on the merch table in Richmond yesterday (Sept 11th, 2017,) and I "almost" bought it thinking it was black. The day after, I find out copies from the band come on clear vinyl. :(

If anyone is seeing the band on tour in the near future, please grab a "clear" copy for me from the merch table, I will happily buy YOUR copy for you in return for shipping me mine.

I also have some doubles on my OOP/Original vinyl shelf I will happily trade you.

Thanks for reading, and your help. :)

Edited by Plarocks

2 hours ago, chiefwahoo said:

I don't know if you're aware, but they sold these on clear during the actual Do To The Beast tour as well.  I don't know what they sell for but you might also want to keep an eye on eBay, Discogs, etc. because they've been available for a few years now. 

Thanks for the tip. It is in my wantlist for the time being. 

Discogs says you can only get these from the band on tour,  or from their website.

None are listed on the Whigs website, but they were selling copies at the merch table. Did not state color, BUT their copies were a touch "lighter" than the 180 gram copies I have handled in the past.

I suspect these are CLEAR.

That being said, if you will be seeing them this time around, if you can grab me a DTTB from the merch table that would be a huge help. :D

Edited by Plarocks

I already saw them on this tour or I would have been glad to help you out. When I saw them on the DTTB tour, I was stunned to see clear copies as there had been no mention of it online at the time. But they did have the actual LP sticking out of the jacket or I'd have never known. When I saw them last week, I peeked at the merch table (long lines) and I did not see any signs mentioning colored vinyl nor did I see any vinyl sticking out of the jacket like the last tour. So if you're just assuming they still have clear copies, you may want to try and find out for sure before potentially wasting your money.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:21 AM, chiefwahoo said:

I already saw them on this tour or I would have been glad to help you out. When I saw them on the DTTB tour, I was stunned to see clear copies as there had been no mention of it online at the time. But they did have the actual LP sticking out of the jacket or I'd have never known. When I saw them last week, I peeked at the merch table (long lines) and I did not see any signs mentioning colored vinyl nor did I see any vinyl sticking out of the jacket like the last tour. So if you're just assuming they still have clear copies, you may want to try and find out for sure before potentially wasting your money.

Well, I enjoyed the Richmond show SO much, decided on a whim to head to Brooklyn!  :D

Getting ready for ROUND TWO of the Whigs and Har Mar Superstar.

Only had a few copies left of DTTB here. So if you are wanting one, hit the merch stand FIRST!  ;)

Edited by Plarocks