Not getting notifications by email

ExtraFox

52 minutes ago, danny said:

Just looked quick at your notification settings and you have this turned off for both PM and Email:

"Someone I am following makes a post"

Can you turn this on and let me know which thread you follow and i will post a test?

I'm confused. That option says 'someone' I follow, so surely that setting has no effect on threads I follow or PMs. If I turned it on, I would have to be following you (rather than a thread) to get any sort of notification.  I have set it to notify me anyway, so post a test in the UK Vinyl Deals thread. Both ' New content for things I follow ' and ' I receive a message ' are checked as on, so I should be getting emails for the things I am not getting emails for. 

Edited by ExtraFox
typo

• 2 years later...

Just curious, are you guys using yahoo accounts? I was having similar issues with my discogs account about 2 years ago. After some trouble shooting back and forth with somebody over there he was pretty stumped and recommended to just try switching to a different email. Problems stopped and notifications starting coming through again as soon as I switched to my gmail account. 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, justin_cole12 said:

Didn't want to post a new topic about this but I'm experiencing the same issue for the past 2-3 weeks. I've tried changing settings and all that but still not getting emails for posts on threads that I am supposed to be notified about.

Same here. I follow a few different ones and havent gotten emails in a month or two. 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:10 AM, kylet said:

Just curious, are you guys using yahoo accounts? I was having similar issues with my discogs account about 2 years ago. After some trouble shooting back and forth with somebody over there he was pretty stumped and recommended to just try switching to a different email. Problems stopped and notifications starting coming through again as soon as I switched to my gmail account. 

I'm using a Gmail account

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah seriously. Not to sound all complainly about my problems with a free service, but who's in charge of these sort of things? Maybe they have no idea this is even going on and a simple email or tagging them in this thread could get it fixed. I don't really use social media, so following threads in here and getting email alerts is how I keep up on things that sell out quickly. I'm looking at you Fat Wreck thread. 

1 hour ago, kylet said:

Yeah seriously. Not to sound all complainly about my problems with a free service, but who's in charge of these sort of things? Maybe they have no idea this is even going on and a simple email or tagging them in this thread could get it fixed. I don't really use social media, so following threads in here and getting email alerts is how I keep up on things that sell out quickly. I'm looking at you Fat Wreck thread. 

Depends on some variables such as if they run and are hosting their own message board or if they are utilizing a message board host service. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 4:03 AM, somber_silt said:

I also haven't received any notifications since November '19. I'm using gmail as well.

Yeah I've been locked out of my posting account (@lethalenforcer) since November because I tried to reset my email and... well, the authorization email link they "sent" isn't actually able to be sent. Pretty messed up. Who's actually paying for this site? SRC? Maybe I should reach out to them instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...