Looking for a certain genre

zinnix

Hello! Im looking for a specific style. I want emotional music, that is a bit gloomy but absolutely not too gloomy(I don't want to be drained) and that is a bit "youthfull" if that makes sense. Iv'e been listening to Pedro the lion, especially older. I skip some too slow songs, because I feel drained, I skip some songs because they are to country influated. Emo music is great  and all that but I want something a little more deep and instrumentualy more intellectual. I used to listen to breaking benjamin but I want a little more artsy approach to the instrumentality. Radiohead is great but I want a little more back to school feel. The guitar "chord changes" in some late 90's bands are great but I want a little more depth/intellectual/slightly depressed.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yep, that's what first came to mind with your description. Maybe also try arcade fire - neon bible, that's pretty dark

Thanks! That song is close. Arcade fire is usally a bit to festive for me, with trumphets and what not. But other than that very close. Haha trying to stear you here, and being very picky

Serious suggestion: I know you said post-2000 but you might get a kick out of shit like Archers of Loaf, 764-HERO, Silkworm, and Beat Happening.

Id throw in The Microphones/Mount Eerie but Phil's a bit more on the depressing side, especially his latest album.  But if you dig Pedro the Lion you're probably going to like Mount Eerie.

Wow! You guys been mighty helpfull. Definetily worth it, joining this forum.

Thanks guys

17 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

Serious suggestion: I know you said post-2000 but you might get a kick out of shit like Archers of Loaf, 764-HERO, Silkworm, and Beat Happening.

Id throw in The Microphones/Mount Eerie but Phil's a bit more on the depressing side, especially his latest album.  But if you dig Pedro the Lion you're probably going to like Mount Eerie.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with all that 

I just took a look through my iTunes for some inspiration. You might like some of these.

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

Bat Manors - Literally Weird https://batmanors.bandcamp.com/

Crippled Black Phoenix

Damien Rice

David Dondero - Simple Love https://daviddondero1.bandcamp.com/album/simple-love

Frightened Rabbit

King Woman

Low

The Mountain Goats

The National

Sharon Van Etten