Help me take care of my asshole neighbors.

So I live at the top of the road from this huge family and they have a group of teenagers terrorizing the neighborhood. Last night I caught them shooting bottle rockets from a moving vehicle at my house. I got in my vehicle and chased them down until they started shooting them at my vehicle. They continually ride up and down the road all day and night burning tires and speeding waking up my dogs and kids. Nap time is a thing in the past now. A little girl was riding her scooter in the road a couple months ago (this is a small private road with a dead end) and she got scared because these teenagers were coming up on her really fast so she wiped out and broke her jaw plus had to have reconstruction of the face and all that. Cops say they can't do anything until they catch them in the act and visibly see it which is very questionable to me because this is how innocent people go down for crimes... they take matters into their own hands since police will do nothing about it. I have a couple ideas, for one I'm going to pull out the super Soaker and mix water with liquid ass and get them every time they want to disturb the neighborhood. Thought about booby trapping some nails at the edge of my property to flatten the sumbitches tires but I'm risking getting sued if they get hurt. So my question to you guys is how would handle it or what would be your ways of getting sweet revenge without jail time? Talking to the parents is pointless, they've been talked to my numerous neighbors and nothing has been done. 

Edited by mauledbyabeer

I am from now on. Best I've got is them riding the state maintained road on an ATV and dirtbike which is against the law. My front door faces the main road and my side and back door face the private road which police say is very different than the state road because basically there are no laws, no speed limits etc. They said I can get them for riding the state road on video but says it's pretty much pointless and a waste of time in court. Believe me I want to slash every damn tire in that driveway but then I run the risk of them fucking with my vehicle and house while I'm away. I'm gone for 24 hours every 3 days for work. Thanks for the reply. I'm desperate at this point. Besides the teenagers it's otherwise a great place to live out here in the county.

It just sucks because moving just isn't a option. Only paying 50k for the house and made down payment of 10k. I love this house and have already done a ton of remodeling with my girlfriend. The yard is big enough for the kids and all that jazz. Plus I have a moutain view. I really don't want to leave it behind. But if I catch them doing anything that would physically harm me or my family then they will get the ass whooping they never received from their parents. 

My first instinct would have me suggesting all sorts of sneaky things that would be illegal and possibly get you fined or jailed. I think the best solution is what has already been mentioned and get lots of security cameras. Maybe also one for your car. Are you friendly with any like-minded neighbors? If you banded together you could possibly gather all of the evidence together and make those assholes move. Moving yourself might also be a future consideration. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles. Good luck. I would have a very difficult time not fucking up those assholes. Be strong.

Also consider calling child protective services if you've seen any signs of neglect or abuse(real or imagined).

Edited by lexicondevil

You can absolutely film it and contact your local law enforcement agency and demand they assist you in making a citizens arrest. Most likely they will try and talk you out of it and say they will go talk to them. You don't even need the film but evidence is a great way to deter being sued later on.  Unfortunately because they are commiting misdemeanors there isn't much the police can do without witnessing it.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:36 PM, Tommy said:

Have you ever seen the movie Home Alone? Do that

This is actually the best advice.

Back to the situation. Do you call the cops when they're making noise past a certain hour? What is it, you can't make excessive noise after 10 pm or 11 pm? Call make a report EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME.

4 hours ago, WAXXX said:

please record this if you do. that stuff stinks worse than ass. 

My friends and I were terrible and brought a bottle of this to black Friday lines like 10 years ago now I can't believe that stuff is still around. This is at like 4am so none of them were about to move out of their line so they were all convinced several people shit themselves waiting. That stuff is truly terrible.

This is in Pittsylvania County in VA. Finally was able to get in touch with the parents of the main asshole and they said to do what is necessary even if it means confrontation. They sounded really desperate and even said they can't wait until he gets out. Dad works for government and is always away from home, not sure what mom does. I was told from law enforcement that shooting the fireworks out of the vehicle was a felony and I can pursue if I want. In VA they see it no different than shooting a firearm out if a vehicle. The night after I posted this the kid lit off fireworks in my yard and woke my neighbor up at roughly 3am (I'm a heavy sleeper so jokes on him) and he tried to catch him in the act but says his recent back surgery made it difficult and he says he's willing to help and do what he can to put this bastard away.  Have an appointment with juvenile intake office Tuesday. Police have taken report and all that. I'm on the fence with the felony charges only because I know what it feels like to be a teen and do stupid shit but the stuff he is doing is petty yet dangerous. Either A, he's going to get hurt or hurt someone else, B he's going to set something on fire, or C I'm going to jail for standing up. Liquid ass and Super Soaker is still on standby in the meantime. Already looking at camera system now since their are more than just one of them. Thank you guys for replying and giving advice. I really just needed to vent too.

Smart ass comments aside, this situation really sucks man. I had a problematic neighbor right before we sold our house in July and I was so thankful to get out. In my case we were ready to move so it was no big deal. I cant imagine the thought of having to uproot just because of someone else's stupidity. I can only imagine how frustrating this all is. Keep us posted, I know if that was my son I would open a can of whoop-ass.

I just had a thought too, and I don't know how legal this is, but you could try setting him up (to fail). Once you get those cams, buy something shiny that he may want to steal and place it in a place where the cams are pointed. Maybe catch him in the act and use that as evidence?

• 1 month later...