Secret Santa 2K17!!!! ***SIGN UP CLOSED!***

On 10/9/2017 at 11:43 PM, Dunc said:

Sounds like a pain for me to sign up since I am newer. Plus I don't have a trade list because I pretty much have what I want. Reach out if someone gets screwed over and I will help out getting them set up.

Nah. You're good. The only thing would be that you need to ship yours out a bit earlier than everyone else. Other then that, you should be fine. Sign up if you'd like :)

2 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Phew I think i made it just in time?

Yep! 

Last call for sign ups!

On 10/9/2017 at 9:43 PM, Dunc said:

Sounds like a pain for me to sign up since I am newer. Plus I don't have a trade list because I pretty much have what I want. Reach out if someone gets screwed over and I will help out getting them set up.

48 minutes ago, themeconspiracy said:

Nah. You're good. The only thing would be that you need to ship yours out a bit earlier than everyone else. Other then that, you should be fine. Sign up if you'd like :)

Last call for sign ups!

I don't want to speak for anyone here (especially the organizers) but personally I'd be fine with receiving someone who didn't have a full trade list as long as you have a list of your collection somewhere.  If I know what you have then I can figure out something to get you that you don't already have.  Otherwise you won't be receiving any records (which is fine too).

Edited by daegor

On 10/12/2017 at 3:52 PM, daegor said:

I don't want to speak for anyone here (especially the organizers) but personally I'd be fine with receiving someone who didn't have a full trade list as long as you have a list of your collection somewhere.  If I know what you have then I can figure out something to get you that you don't already have.  Otherwise you won't be receiving any records (which is fine too).

in the past we have been a bit flexible about what defines a tradelist...so long as it gives an idea of what your tastes are and not just leaving your santa in the dark without any idea of what to get you. if you send an incomplete tradelist and get something you already own then thats your own fault haha

plus i know a lot of us got screwed with DF shutting down earlier this month :(

10 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Last time I did it, we were supposed to each write a little bio of ourselves and  post it here to help give people ideas.  Is that not a thing anymore or something?

This should certainly continue, especially after dead format went down. I know i haven't put up a tradelist anywhere else (yet). We should pin this year's thread to the top as well.

I got my SS this morning. good times.

Updated post from last year:

I'm Marc - 30 (31 in November). Former upstate New Yorker now living in Florida and entering my 10th year of working in radio. I have my own weekly alt/punk show and I co-host a podcast covering entertainment/nerdy stuff.

I keep my tradelist up to date on a consistent basis.

https://www.discogs.com/user/marc32137/collection

Favorite Bands- Weezer, Descendents, Blink, Frank Turner, IIOI.

Favorite movies - This Is Spinal Tap, Back To The Future, Clerks, Star Wars.

TV - The Simpsons, The Office, Rick and Morty, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, The Flash, The Goldbergs.

Other random facts:

I enjoy playing guitar, going to shows and cons, video games (PS4), comic books, and collect LEGO and Funko POP.

My POP collection - https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/marc32137/AEUPP5CZNXF0IJM/

I drive a 2015 Kia Soul.

Excited for this!

My name is Hiram and I've been on VC for almost 2 years now. I currently go to school for audio engineering and I also have an associates in Guitar performance. I play bass in an alternative rock band and I DJ when I can. My life pretty much revolves around music and I'm boring and have little interests outside of music, lol. I love an array of music styles but I grew up on Punk and Metal and lately it's been mostly Hip-Hop. I also love 90s alternative, emo, old school house, early 2000s pop and a bunch of random shit. I'm also a huge Pokémon fan and another on and off hobby is collecting Pokémon cards. Lastly, I'm hipster as fuck and enjoy craft beers, I'll drink anything not a stout.

Artists I really like: System of a Down, Tool, Type O Negative, Vince Staples, Kanye West, Mastodon, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Kendrick Lamar, Deftones, Daft Punk, Portishead, and bunch more. 

My up-to-date Discogs is in my bio. I'm also pretty open to anything so if someone wants to send me something completely different from what's in my collection, by all means do it. I love learning about new music.

I'm Manish, I'm 37, and live in the Bay Area. I work at 2K games, and am a DJ and volunteer at KALX Berkeley.

My musical tastes range. Though, I tend to stay on the heavier side of punk/Metal, but I do have a soft spot for old RnB, Funk, soul, blues, and 80's Hip Hop (My collection is lacking a lot of this stuff so I'm always on the lookout to expand that way). Check out my Discogs page for more. 

Visually, I'm a bit of a sci-fi and cartoon fan. Been spending a lot of time watching 80's Transformers, Firefly, Simpsons, Futurama, Batman. 

I have and unnatural love of lego, board/card/video (PS4/PC) games, puzzles, and sometimes action figures. 

As far as things I'd be interested in, my wife and I just bought a new place so getting a cool small decoration sort of thing for the homestead would be rad. Other than that, music is always nice, books, games, the standard stuff I think we all like :D

Favorite color.. Dark purple.

Edited by roadmonkey

Hey hello my names Eric 20 years old, I'm a photography major and I currently live in NYC/Dallas. My main hobby is collecting clothes as well as photography( I shoot analog). I still enjoy music don't let that fool you, I just don't collect like I used to and a bulk of my collection is what I like in high school. I play video games but it's pretty much random JRPGS and Overwatch (mercy main btw.) I also make music on my own and when I get a chance.

Music I like. I listen to a lot of hip hop and R&B for the bulk of my listening. The Weekend was at one point my favorite artist but my current favorite is Frank Ocean. I love dreampop, slowcore, shoegaze; bands like Beach House, slowdive, My Bloody Valentine whatever you'd like to call it. I also have a soft spot for old school emo like American Football and The World is a Beautiful Place.

I also love me some good cozy 00's indie like Vampire Weekend, The Drums, Arcade Fire etc.

But if we're being 100% honest my favorite genre would have to be 80s japanese city pop/funk. So think Pocket Park, Sunshower, Adventure; but it's super fucking niche that being said if you get me any of it I would be forever in your gratitude. Just type in City Pop on youtube and you'll get an idea. I love this stuff and I can't get enough of it

I don't watch tv shows, but I'm fucking in love with Twin Peaks; my first tattoo was a Twin Peaks tattoo and I've seen every season at least twice. I love love movies though; I'm very much a style over substance person; I like my films bloody and pretty. My favorite directors are Dario Argento, Sofia Coppola, Jean Luc-Godard, David Lynch and Satoshi Kon

I'm obsessed with Persona 4 and 5 right now. My favorite Superheroes are Zatanna and Gwenpool and my favorite color is pastel pink

To see what I'm listening to in real time here's my last.fm

My favorite albums of all time are:

Tidal - Fiona Apple
Blonde - Frank Ocean
We Fall - Emile Haynie

ABOUT ME

My name is Jesiah, 
I'm 32, and I have an awesome little 5 year old dude. I've been in Calgary for just over two years now.

I have super weird selective taste in everything, especially music. Here is my collection: http://www.discogs.c...ion?user=Daegor and my wantlist: http://www.discogs.c...ist?user=Daegor. I am not a variant collector. I rarely listen to the radio, so chances are if it isn't on my want/have list then I probably haven't heard them before, but I am always eager to consume more music.  All genres are game, though I would be impressed if you found any Country I liked.

Some staples I dig from various genres:

• Alexisonfire
  • Battle Tapes
  • Big Black Delta
  • Birds In Row
  • The Black Queen
  • Celldweller / Circle of Dust / Argyle Park / etc
  • The Chariot / '68
  • Chelsea Wolfe
  • Childish Gambino
  • clipping.
  • Death From Above 1979
  • Death Grips
  • Deftones
  • Every Time I Die
  • Explosions in the Sky
  • FKA Twigs
  • Gallows / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
  • Gifts from Enola
  • Godspeed You! Black Emperor
  • Haedes
  • Junius
  • Massive Attack
  • mewithoutYou
  • Neverending White Lights
  • Nine Inch Nails / How to Destroy Angels / etc
  • Norma Jean
  • O'Brother
  • Rosetta
  • Saul Williams
  • Sir Sly
  • Starflyer 59
  • Zao

I like TV shows like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Brooklyn 99, Bojack Horseman, and movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fight Club, and other such mind trip movies, but really will like nearly any movie for one reason or another (Pixar movies and gems like How to Train Your Dragon, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, etc).

I love microbreweries, GOOD liquor, etc.

I like to read, mostly sci-fi stuff like Philip K Dick, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert.

Yup.

Heyyy!  My name's Adam.  I'm 26 years old and I'm from Ohio.  Been married to my wife for a little over a year (been with her for almost 7 years) and we have 2 beautiful and amazing CATS together.  Both girls and their names are Harley and Daisy.

Favorite bands/artists: Dance Gavin Dance, Brand New, Childish Gambino, The Cure, Death Grips, Ghostemane, Glassjaw, Gorillaz, Mansions, nothing.nowhere, $uicideboy$, Talking Heads.  Pretty much any and all synthwave stuff too.

Favorite TV shows/cartoons/anime: Twin Peaks (MY #1.  Got a decent size tattoo to prove it), The Leftovers, Six Feet Under, Mr. Robot, Lost, Game Of Thrones, Channel Zero, Breaking Bad, Delocated, Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter, Jon Glaser Loves Gear (pretty much anything with Jon Glaser in it), Broad City, You're The Worst, Parks and Recreation, Party Down, Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Black Mirror, Yes Dear, Workaholics, Arrested Development, Master of None, Love, Rick and Morty, Big Mouth, South Park,  Metalocalypse, Invader Zim, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Batman the Animated Series, Venture Brothers, Bojack Horseman, American Dad, Dragon Ball (Z, GT, Super), My Hero Academia, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Shigurui: Death Frenzy, Cowboy Bebop, G Gundam, Samurai Champloo, Bereserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL. Akame Ga Kill, One Punch Man, Parasyte the Maxim.

Favorite movies (I'm REAL big into horror.  Without a doubt my favorite genre of movies): Antichrist, The Witch, It Follows, Nymphomaniac Pt. 1 & 2., IT (remake), Old Boy, I Saw The Devil, Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, The Raid (1 and 2), The Thing, Kill List, Melancholia, Drive, The Devils Rejects, What We Do In The Shadows.  I could seriously go on and on.  There are so many, that I'm having trouble even thinking of anymore to put down.

Other random things: Been reading a lot of Stephen King lately.  Recently read IT, Salem's Lot, and am currently almost finished with The Stand.  I have a few other of his books (the first Dark Tower Book, Thinner, Carrie, Cujo, The Shining, Gerald's Game), but I haven't gotten around to them yet.  I also love manga.  Namely the Goodnight Punpun books.  I only have the first 2 right now though.  Also I'm fairly big into video games too.  My major one right now is Cuphead.  Gonna be starting up the new South Park game here soon also and I'm also really big into the Life Is Strange game.

Sorry, I know that's a lot.  Just trying to be helpful.

my name is andrew and i live outside philadelphia. some of my favorite bands are the loved ones/dave hause, gaslight anthem/horrible crowes/brian fallon, holy mess, bouncing souls, alkaline trio, kid dynamite, unwritten law,  the lawrence arms/falcon, tim barry/avail, the menzingers, red city radio,  . im a huge fan of pop punk, raspy vocals, 90s skate punk and "woahs". i love onyx's first album and similar rap from the early to mid 90's.

i work in a restaurant so by the time i get home i rarely feel like doing anything. my nights are usually watching the shows my girlfriend wants to watch and then its usually espn or random sitcoms while im on the computer.

i listen to music all day while im at work and am always looking for something new to add to the rotation.

thats all i can think of at the moment. if you want to know anything just have some one ask.

Full disclosure: i am cribbing most of this from last year, but it's still valid and truthy. My name is Rob and I am older than i would like.  I really dig a lot of older 80's Hardcore, Punk, Post Punk, Non-cheesy metal, early  ska/rocksteady/regaee. Some random favorites: Mission of Burma, Gang of Four, Bad Brains, Life's Blood, Lifetime, GVSB, Greyhouse, Joy Division, Killing Joke, Milemarker, Baroness, Roky Erickson, Hot Water Music, Small Brown Bike, Murder By Death, Motorhead, Ringworm, Pallbearer, Metallica, Dag Nasty, Modern Lovers, Michael Kiwanuka, Culture, Thin Lizzy, Yuppicide, Cro-Mags, Iron Maiden, Celtic Frost, among others. Like most sane people i like Star Wars, plus Game of Thrones, Battlestar Galacitca, The Expanse Series, Evil Dead, Lost, Margret Atwood, Margritte, Hiroshige, iced tea, carbs, any day i can wear shorts... I like nature. I like being outside. I like going outside and finding snakes, salamanders, fish, beetles, moths and other assorted flora and fauna, but generally not people. 

Hi, my name is Chris. I'm 37, married for 10 years with a 7 year old son. I work as a financial advisor. Hobbies include travelling, running, watching HBO/Netflix. 

Fave music includes Propagandhi, Lawrence Arms, Attack in Black, Horrible Crowes, Bad Astronaut.

Fave authors: Chuck Pahlaniuk, Cormac McCarthy, John Irving

Fave Shows: Game of Thrones, Vikings, Narcos, Curb your Enthusiasm 

Food: Try to do the paleo diet thing but ice cream and hoppy beers are my kryptonite

Booze: Red wine (cabs and zins), Tequila, Session IPAs

Hope that helps!

Took this from last year and updated:

Hi! My name is Shane! I'm a big football fan and love the Carolina Panthers. I go to Old Dominion University and graduated with my Bachelor's Degree last December. I'll be done with my MBA in the spring. My all time favorite movie is The Dark Knight and my favorite superhero is Batman. I'm also a HUGE HUGE HUGE Star Wars fan. My amazing husky is named Kylo. 

I collect Star Wars Funko Pop vinyl and have a decent collection (see my signature for the link to my collection green=have white=need). I have some others too, but I am about to reduce my collection because 1. I have way too many and 2. I just got laid off and need the cash. If you see something I may like feel free to get it - OR if you know someone who makes customs, I've always wanted a custom pop! (If you go this route just surprise me, but I have always wanted a Undercover Boss Matt the Radar Tech custom). {I'll try to add a picture of what I'm keeping}

My favorite band is Fall Out Boy. I go to every concert in the area that I can when they come. I am currently trying to variant collect for them (right now focusing on full length LPs) (they can also be seen in my signature). I am also seeking to get every cd booklet signed by them for an idea I have for my Fall Out Boy wall. {Currently need Live in Phoenix, Infinity on High, American Beauty/American Psycho, and Evening Out with Your Girlfriend}

My favorite genre is pop punk.
Since Deadformat shutdown I've got to rebuild my collection. I'll be doing it on Google Drives, in the same spreadsheet my wantlist is in. I'm hoping to do that this week! If you see something I may like go crazy! I like new stuff.

Or just have fun with this. Please have fun with this. 
I think that about sums up my life.

Want List

Deadformat Export - Until I have my new list up

(These are probably not in there but I did recently get these as well... FYS 10 year, Brand New - Science Fiction, Neck Deep - Peace and Panic, SOTY - Page Avenue, PVRIS - All we know, From First to Last - Dear Diary and Heroine, Galactic Empire, Mallory Knox - Wired, Blink-182 - Cali Deluxe, PATD - A fever, AFI - Blood album, Pvris - acoustic, 10" Star Wars RSD A New Hope)

(Since I can't add anymore URLs to my signature)
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Oh and I love Jennifer Lawrence

Like seriously.... I love her. Can you pack her in a box for me?

Edited by himynameisShane

• jhulud pinned this topic
  • jhulud unpinned this topic