Secret Santa 2K17!!!! ***SIGN UP CLOSED!***

So I waited until Christmas morning to open up my Secret Santa box that arrived almost a month ago. I can not figure out how to attach photos here anymore and am too lazy to open up a photo bucket account or whatever you crazy kids are using these days, so we will have to rely on the good old written word here 

I am afraid.

First thing I saw when I opened the package was a very thoughtful handwritten letter describing the selection process for all the gifts included. I am the first to admit that my intro here was pretty bare bones and my current want list is pretty short (a few of the reasons that people hate buying me gifts). My secret santa combed through my collection and bought records that he/she felt would fill gaps in my collection and I am super appreciative for what I received.

First off, Death Cab for Cutie - Something About Airplanes - https://www.discogs.com/Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Something-About-Airplanes/release/6409096

I had never heard this LP before. I have downloads of Plans and Narrow Stairs which I enjoy but couldn't get into Transatlanticism at the time it was released so never went any further back into their catalog. Spun this last night and really enjoyed it.

Second LP up was  Sonic Youth - A Thousand Leaves - https://www.discogs.com/Sonic-Youth-A-Thousand-Leaves/release/8761043

I was a big fan of Sonic Youth when I first started getting into music around 1990 and was a big fan of Dirty, Goo, and the more mainstream singles from their earlier releases. I stopped following them after that time as they got more mellow and my tasted were getting a little heavier. Now that I am a bit older and my tastes have caught up this is a great time to check out some of the releases I have missed out . Look forward to spinning this shortly.

Third up is a band I have never heard of - a blind buy local metal group to the SS - FOGG - High Testament - https://www.discogs.com/Fogg-High-Testament/release/7146287

The hype sticker claims it has "gnarly shredding" by guys who "worship at the altar of the almighty riff" so I don't see how I could possibly go wrong with this one.

The letter had 3 clues as to who my secret santa is: 1. Twin Peaks 2. Texas 3. Tea. I used my sweet ass detective skills as soon as the SSs were assigned and saw that Green Tea Papi had viewed my profile (helped me remember to log out before  viewing the person I was assigned)

Thank you @Green Tea Papifor an awesome gift. Merry Christmas!

On 2017-12-22 at 1:30 PM, roadmonkey said:

Going to be in So Cal for Christmas so I went ahead and opened up my SS gifts and what a rad Haul!

mFwy4Fz.jpg

Looks like a rad wall sticker map of the world for the new place. Looks pretty sweet.. can't wait to put it up (and to move in)

Note: Mega Man 2 coasters are mine LOL 

F2181O7.jpg

Awesome Haul!! Been wanting that BSF split for a while along with the Puig Destroyer, and Dustin Christmas Record!

Jane Doe Live was a nice addition, haven't head of Joyful Rebellion and the Attack in Black records, so those will be rad to check out. and it's always nice to have another copy of Today's Empires

Unfortunately, I didn't find any notes or anything from my SS with identity hints. I dunno if it dropped out of the package and I accidentally threw it away. I do know that the records came from Canada. Based on what I'm seeing on the Boards, I'm going to guess my dude is @cside

Whoever you are, Thanks!

Good guess @roadmonkey. I was right on top of things with ordering the gifts I wanted but then when I got the reminder to ship by end of november it was a mad scramble to get this out before I went away for a vacation. Didn't have time to include a note or anything. The empire LP is the blue small man release so not totally a double for you. Hope you enjoy the other stuff, if not, throw it on Ebay or trade it, my feelings will not be hurt.

On 2017-12-22 at 6:03 PM, backpackoat said:

Is that a map where you scratch off all the countries you've been to? Looks similar to something I once bought for a friend. A really neat idea, if so.

Good call @backpackoat. The idea is to scratch off the gold foil of the counties you have been to to reveal a water-colour painting underneath. Thought it would be cool for your new place.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:08 PM, deadreckoning said:

Using my powers of deductive reasoning, my SS was @roadmonkey! Thanks again. You did a fantastic job. Aces.

Merry Xmas everyone and happy new year. I am not sure what it's like where everyone lives, but Christmas Eve is non-stop fireworks, so i am now going to lay on the couch and comfort my 60lb lapdog...

DUDE! Rad! So happy you love the gifts! Death Troopers was easily  my new fav SWEU stories. Also that Smugglers Cove book was written by the owners of my one of my fav bay  area tiki bar and No Statik is a rad Oakland band everyone should check out. Anyways, really happy you love it all and hope you enjoy everything!

2 hours ago, cside said:

Good guess @roadmonkey. I was right on top of things with ordering the gifts I wanted but then when I got the reminder to ship by end of november it was a mad scramble to get this out before I went away for a vacation. Didn't have time to include a note or anything. The empire LP is the blue small man release so not totally a double for you. Hope you enjoy the other stuff, if not, throw it on Ebay or trade it, my feelings will not be hurt.

Good call @backpackoat. The idea is to scratch off the gold foil of the counties you have been to to reveal a water-colour painting underneath. Thought it would be cool for your new place.

Dude! So rad! thanks. I noticed that empire was blue after I opened in, so rad! Thanks again. I can't wait to travel more to reveal more countries!

14 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Based on the clues, my Santa has to be Shane. Thanks so much dude, you nailed it with this package. I love it!

Glad you liked everything man! I went for an earlier Turnover just incase you had heard Peripheal before, so I'm glad I did! I noticed you had a bunch of White Stripes and Jack White and saw those at my local shop so figured they'd be a nice add in. I had fun getting everything else too because I dream of building a motorcycle one day too! Ha! Happy Holidays!

OtAIn4P.jpg?1

I got mine in a while ago, but I just opened it after Christmas. I got a sick Milo Goes to College patch,Batman Cacophony (which is awesome, because I love Batman and Kevin Smith), and American Slang by Gaslight Anthem. All wrapped in that awesome cassette wrapping paper. By process of elimination I think Marc was my SS? Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, billya said:

OtAIn4P.jpg?1

I got mine in a while ago, but I just opened it after Christmas. I got a sick Milo Goes to College patch,Batman Cacophony (which is awesome, because I love Batman and Kevin Smith), and American Slang by Gaslight Anthem. All wrapped in that awesome cassette wrapping paper. By process of elimination I think Marc was my SS? Thanks so much!

Yep! Glad you liked it all! And yeah, that wrapping paper has been more popular than the presents I’ve wrapped in it. Wish I grabbed more rolls of it when I had the chance!

10fdwxv.jpg

Just got home. Seriously, @themeconspiracy, you killed it. Everything came wrapped nicely with little notes on everything. Sorry that I wasn't the easiest person to shop for with my weird music tastes and no trade list... I really appreciate the thought and care you put into everything!!

7"

Manchester City F.C. "CITY!!!! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* MANCHESTER CITY!!!" this is so fucking cool, I can't even. The company I work for has a large office over in Manchester, so when I visited last year, I caught a football match at Etihad Stadium and they played these songs. So cool!!!!!

Metavari - Oh Diane; yuuuge Twin Peaks fan, so this is up my alley. I dig it!

The Firebird Band - Say Hello; I haven't listened to this one yet, but am excited to check it out! 

10"

The Protomen - This City Made us; Mega Man inspired, indeed. This fucking rocks. I'm going to have to look into their full lengths too.

12"

The National - Trouble Will Find Me; I actually haven't listened to this one. I'm late to The National, and I must have skipped over this one between 'High Violet' and 'Sleep Well Beast'. Excited to check it out!!!!

Empires - Freshwater Reflection; listening to this now and it's up my alley, post-metal moreso than ambient, but I need that scratch itched pretty regularly so it'll get a lot of plays

And for the kiddos, a couple Charlie Brown records, and The Alvin Show. Will have to play these for them this weekend! They always get excited when I play records for them, but I haven't really played any "kids" music. Awesome!

Miscellaneous

Coffee + Twin Peaks coffee mug; Since I travel so much, I always try to find local coffee wherever I go, so I'm really excited to try this. The mug is epic. My wife opened everything for me via FaceTime since I was out of town and could smell the coffee as soon as she opened the box. Which leads to the next one...

Edit: Just tried the Guatemalan and it's superb. Ground it up a little finer for espresso and made a bomb ass latte--maybe not Dale Cooper approved, but it's damn fine. Might try the Holiday for cold brew!! 

Record cat toy; my damn cats both jumped up on the kitchen table as soon as the box was opened because they could smell the catnip!! Couldn't figure out why at first! They're both playing with it now. My younger kitty just keeps licking it, and my older kitty looks strung out:

264jdk7.jpg

Astros World Series poster; really appreciate this. I got a copy of the Houston Chronicle from the day after they won the series, and I think this would look really cool framed up next to that. Winning the World Series was so big for this city after Hurricane Harvey. My family and I luckily weren't physically affected, but I know several people that lost everything and are still displaced. Sappy I know, but it really means a lot. 

34ireww.jpg

Thank you so so so so much, Lauren. You seriously did way too much. I really appreciate it, and hope that you have a Happy 2018!!

Edited by batman
update!

7 hours ago, batman said:

10fdwxv.jpg

Just got home. Seriously, @themeconspiracy, you killed it. Everything came wrapped nicely with little notes on everything. Sorry that I wasn't the easiest person to shop for with my weird music tastes and no trade list... I really appreciate the thought and care you put into everything!!

7"

Manchester City F.C. "CITY!!!! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* MANCHESTER CITY!!!" this is so fucking cool, I can't even. The company I work for has a large office over in Manchester, so when I visited last year, I caught a football match at Etihad Stadium and they played these songs. So cool!!!!!

Metavari - Oh Diane; yuuuge Twin Peaks fan, so this is up my alley. I dig it!

The Firebird Band - Say Hello; I haven't listened to this one yet, but am excited to check it out! 

10"

The Protomen - This City Made us; Mega Man inspired, indeed. This fucking rocks. I'm going to have to look into their full lengths too.

12"

The National - Trouble Will Find Me; I actually haven't listened to this one. I'm late to The National, and I must have skipped over this one between 'High Violet' and 'Sleep Well Beast'. Excited to check it out!!!!

Empires - Freshwater Reflection; listening to this now and it's up my alley, post-metal moreso than ambient, but I need that scratch itched pretty regularly so it'll get a lot of plays

And for the kiddos, a couple Charlie Brown records, and The Alvin Show. Will have to play these for them this weekend! They always get excited when I play records for them, but I haven't really played any "kids" music. Awesome!

Miscellaneous

Coffee + Twin Peaks coffee mug; Since I travel so much, I always try to find local coffee wherever I go, so I'm really excited to try this. The mug is epic. My wife opened everything for me via FaceTime since I was out of town and could smell the coffee as soon as she opened the box. Which leads to the next one...

Edit: Just tried the Guatemalan and it's superb. Ground it up a little finer for espresso and made a bomb ass latte--maybe not Dale Cooper approved, but it's damn fine. Might try the Holiday for cold brew!! 

Record cat toy; my damn cats both jumped up on the kitchen table as soon as the box was opened because they could smell the catnip!! Couldn't figure out why at first! They're both playing with it now. My younger kitty just keeps licking it, and my older kitty looks strung out:

264jdk7.jpg

Astros World Series poster; really appreciate this. I got a copy of the Houston Chronicle from the day after they won the series, and I think this would look really cool framed up next to that. Winning the World Series was so big for this city after Hurricane Harvey. My family and I luckily weren't physically affected, but I know several people that lost everything and are still displaced. Sappy I know, but it really means a lot. 

34ireww.jpg

Thank you so so so so much, Lauren. You seriously did way too much. I really appreciate it, and hope that you have a Happy 2018!!

aw yay! i'm so glad you liked everything! i really had a blast shopping for you even though our tastes in music are quite different hahaha. i took some risks on the vinyl part of your package so i'm glad you've dug all the music you've listened to thus far. def check out the rest of the Protomen's albums! i love them so much. and of all the bands you mentioned the national were the only ones i actually knew and i knew i had to get you that album. i'm not a huge national fan but everyone i know raved about that album when it came out and then my boss used to play it all the time at work and i started getting into it as well haha.

your kitty is so cute! i'm so glad they like their toy. that photo made me so happy. your whole post did really. i'm so stoked you were so stoked on everything! :wub: :D

oh and also there's actually another little something on its way to you B) i actually randomly came across something a few years ago and thought it would be such a perfect secret santa gift for you and if i ever had you for secret santa i needed to get it. took a little bit to track down again so hence it being late but decided i'd be sad if i missed my chance haha. i had it shipped directly to you because it was so late but i think it should be there in the next few days :) i hope you like it!

oh and hey! my secret santa this year was @batman! how about that!

24515099747_ab6bac90bc_z.jpg

got a couple cd samplers, some stickers (pretty stoked on those mario stickers!), a very lovely note, a few pins (including one not-so-subtle hint as to the sender haha), a Thrice patch, and a LEGO KNIGHT RIDER MINI FIG.

it actually took me a sec to realize what the lego was, but as soon as i put him together i was like HOLY CRAP! MICHAEL KNIGHT! i have a whole collection of carefully curated minifigs and some other random toys (and some hoff swag) that live on top of one of my kallaxes. i go through random spurts of buying them, and its been a while since i bought any. somehow i didnt even know they made a knight rider one and oh man. so freaking pumped. this was a super exciting addition to the collection.

38672260424_7140ae891a_c.jpg

here is knight rider hoff hanging next to my baywatch hoff mini fig (and thats actually a vintage knight rider lunchbox in the background haha)

*not pictured: a bag of awesome texas beef jerky. im not even gonna lie. i already ate the whole bag. it was delicious and i have no self control around dehydrated meats haha. that was so awesome. seriously. i love good jerky and it isnt easy to come by here (although trader joes has surprisingly awesome jerky) so that was definitely a real treat :)

27603743389_91194fef2d_c.jpg

vinyl! 

the appleseed cast - illumination ritual. i enjoyed these guys back in high school. this is their most recent album from a few years ago and i never got around to listening to it or picking up a copy so very curious to check this out.

the good life - i loved this album back in high school! even though i saw them play a couple times back then and have a good life shirt i somehow forgot about these guys for a while. funny enough earlier this year my boss and i started bonding over cursive and tim kasher and i rediscovered my love of the good life as well as got into some cursive albums i never really listened to. somehow i never bought any good life vinyl. i'm pretty stoked. i'm actually going to spin this and then probably fall down a cursive/saddle creek rabbit hole right now while i do some late night cleaning :)

moving mountains - pneuma. i am actually totally unfamiliar with these guys. i feel like i've heard the name but never really checked them out. definitely looking forward to giving this a listen!

25511238688_fc8ede525b_c.jpg

also. look how dang pretty this variant is y'all :wub:

thank you so much for everything! i think it's so funny that we both got each other especially with our very different musical tastes and still loved everything we got for the other one. i seriously love all of this. and i will love and treasure my mini michael knight forever haha

21 minutes ago, themeconspiracy said:

oh and hey! my secret santa this year was @batman! how about that!

24515099747_ab6bac90bc_z.jpg

got a couple cd samplers, some stickers (pretty stoked on those mario stickers!), a very lovely note, a few pins (including one not-so-subtle hint as to the sender haha), a Thrice patch, and a LEGO KNIGHT RIDER MINI FIG.

it actually took me a sec to realize what the lego was, but as soon as i put him together i was like HOLY CRAP! MICHAEL KNIGHT! i have a whole collection of carefully curated minifigs and some other random toys (and some hoff swag) that live on top of one of my kallaxes. i go through random spurts of buying them, and its been a while since i bought any. somehow i didnt even know they made a knight rider one and oh man. so freaking pumped. this was a super exciting addition to the collection.

38672260424_7140ae891a_c.jpg

here is knight rider hoff hanging next to my baywatch hoff mini fig (and thats actually a vintage knight rider lunchbox in the background haha)

*not pictured: a bag of awesome texas beef jerky. im not even gonna lie. i already ate the whole bag. it was delicious and i have no self control around dehydrated meats haha. that was so awesome. seriously. i love good jerky and it isnt easy to come by here (although trader joes has surprisingly awesome jerky) so that was definitely a real treat :)

27603743389_91194fef2d_c.jpg

vinyl! 

the appleseed cast - illumination ritual. i enjoyed these guys back in high school. this is their most recent album from a few years ago and i never got around to listening to it or picking up a copy so very curious to check this out.

the good life - i loved this album back in high school! even though i saw them play a couple times back then and have a good life shirt i somehow forgot about these guys for a while. funny enough earlier this year my boss and i started bonding over cursive and tim kasher and i rediscovered my love of the good life as well as got into some cursive albums i never really listened to. somehow i never bought any good life vinyl. i'm pretty stoked. i'm actually going to spin this and then probably fall down a cursive/saddle creek rabbit hole right now while i do some late night cleaning :)

moving mountains - pneuma. i am actually totally unfamiliar with these guys. i feel like i've heard the name but never really checked them out. definitely looking forward to giving this a listen!

25511238688_fc8ede525b_c.jpg

also. look how dang pretty this variant is y'all :wub:

thank you so much for everything! i think it's so funny that we both got each other especially with our very different musical tastes and still loved everything we got for the other one. i seriously love all of this. and i will love and treasure my mini michael knight forever haha

YAY!!!! I didn't want to say anything in case you hadn't opened it yet. It threw me off, since the return address was supposed to be incognito, but then everything pointed to Brooklyn... Really funny that we got each other!

I was so excited when I found the Lego figure, and was really hoping you didn't already have it. There was a Knight Rider set for Lego Dimensions (I guess it's like a video game?) and I was able to find just the minifig on Brickseek. I intentionally left it disassembled so you'd have an 'AHA!' moment. Glad that worked out haha.

That beef jerky is freaking amazing, so when you said that I knew I had to get it for you. They proclaim to be the beef jerky capital of the world, good old Centerville, TX. And just so happened I had to drive by that place several times for work (it's between Houston and Dallas). Full disclosure, the first bag that I bought for you was eaten by my wife and I, so actually I had to go back and get another bag... Sounds like it didn't last long there either hahaha

On the music, it was challenging just because a lot of the alternative rock stuff you have is stuff that I used to listen to in HS/college and I didn't really find any sizable gaps! Every time I thought of a niche band that I enjoyed, you already had it! I tried to find stuff that I felt was true to some of the alternative stuff you're into but pushed the boundary into more of the atmospheric, instrumental stuff that I enjoy. That new Appleseed Cast album is excellent, and I saw that you already had 'Two Conversations'. Moving Mountains, I think you'll absolutely love. They remind me a lot of Gates and Athletics, and since I saw you're into those bands, I figured it was a pretty safe bet. I was pretty shocked that you didn't have anything by them actually, I think I quadruple-checked your lists to make sure. The rationale for The Good Life was you mentioned that you liked when artists have side projects that are different than what they normally do. I noticed that you had stuff by Cursive, and I think I actually prefer TGL to Cursive--'Album of the Year' (and 'Help Wanted Nights') are just classic. So I was surprised that you didn't have it in your collection, and figured you'd enjoy it. Glad to give you a bit of a nostalgia trip. Sidenote: I was tempted to get you 'You+Me', side project by Dallas Green and Pink, but you said you didn't like female vocalists so I played it a little safe. It's surprisingly a really good collab and I think you might dig it if you haven't checked it out.

I'm so glad that you like everything. I had a lot of fun putting it all together. You'll have to let me know what you think of the records once you listen to them. Also, can't believe you have something else coming for me... You way overdid it! Thank you again.

On 12/27/2017 at 8:52 AM, cside said:

So I waited until Christmas morning to open up my Secret Santa box that arrived almost a month ago. I can not figure out how to attach photos here anymore and am too lazy to open up a photo bucket account or whatever you crazy kids are using these days, so we will have to rely on the good old written word here 

I am afraid.

First thing I saw when I opened the package was a very thoughtful handwritten letter describing the selection process for all the gifts included. I am the first to admit that my intro here was pretty bare bones and my current want list is pretty short (a few of the reasons that people hate buying me gifts). My secret santa combed through my collection and bought records that he/she felt would fill gaps in my collection and I am super appreciative for what I received.

First off, Death Cab for Cutie - Something About Airplanes - https://www.discogs.com/Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Something-About-Airplanes/release/6409096

I had never heard this LP before. I have downloads of Plans and Narrow Stairs which I enjoy but couldn't get into Transatlanticism at the time it was released so never went any further back into their catalog. Spun this last night and really enjoyed it.

Second LP up was  Sonic Youth - A Thousand Leaves - https://www.discogs.com/Sonic-Youth-A-Thousand-Leaves/release/8761043

I was a big fan of Sonic Youth when I first started getting into music around 1990 and was a big fan of Dirty, Goo, and the more mainstream singles from their earlier releases. I stopped following them after that time as they got more mellow and my tasted were getting a little heavier. Now that I am a bit older and my tastes have caught up this is a great time to check out some of the releases I have missed out . Look forward to spinning this shortly.

Third up is a band I have never heard of - a blind buy local metal group to the SS - FOGG - High Testament - https://www.discogs.com/Fogg-High-Testament/release/7146287

The hype sticker claims it has "gnarly shredding" by guys who "worship at the altar of the almighty riff" so I don't see how I could possibly go wrong with this one.

The letter had 3 clues as to who my secret santa is: 1. Twin Peaks 2. Texas 3. Tea. I used my sweet ass detective skills as soon as the SSs were assigned and saw that Green Tea Papi had viewed my profile (helped me remember to log out before  viewing the person I was assigned)

Thank you @Green Tea Papifor an awesome gift. Merry Christmas!

I'm glad you enjoyed everything I gave you. 

Merry Cringemas, I made a video.

I was going to post pictures as is usual, but I had such a visceral reaction to the magic fish that I felt it needed to be documented. Unfortunately, I had obviously already seen it at that point but the rest is live. It was all opened Christmas night. I still don't know what a "false" fortune means, as every other option makes sense on its own except for that one, but so is life I suppose. 

My Santaman is very obviously Jared @Youinreverse this year, and I can NOT thank you enough. As is clear in the video, I am super lucky to have had you as a match this time around and you went above and beyond with your generosity. I'm not picky about my music, but I am a super weirdo and can only listen to certain types of music at certain times of year. Because of this, some records I haven't gotten to yet (this is a very jazzy time of year), but I am already OBSESSED with the Kamasi Washington record. What a fantastic choice that was, and I'm loving how classic and beautiful the Thelonious Monk record sounds as well. I have sampled the Built to Spill records (I quite like what I heard, a very different sounding band than what I had conjured up in my mind) and I will listen to them in February/March, as that seems a great time of year for them. My friend Shazo will hold me to it. You really knocked it out of the park with some spectacular picks and I am so appreciative. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and have a great new year my friend

Edited by backpackoat

4 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Still need to see photos/gift breakdowns from @jhulud, @Green Tea Papi, @daegor, @ozfacter and @FiggyPud. Let's keep this thread's holiday spirit going for another day! 

On 12/31/2017 at 11:22 AM, FiggyPud said:

I haven’t forgotten about posting pictures or anything by the way.  Just still waiting on the second package that’s supposed to be coming.  There’s nothing showing up on My USPS, so I’m not sure when it’ll be here, but I plan on opening it and taking pictures as soon as it does!

now that were done with the holidays and work is back to normal, heres a picture of everything  scottheisel got me. 

26195792_10154829284901371_8112831334173

the only bands i wasnt familiar with  were manifesto jukebox and a death in the family, and i cant stop listening to it.  

i love the arrivals and the brokedowns and for whatever reason never picked this up.

the shorebirds and chris wollard, i know who they are and just havent listened to, yet.

and then the dropkick/vandals split, well, its the murphys and the vandals!

thanks again scott, i do like and will enjoy these!

Edited by ozfacter

@billya Was my SS I opened it on Christmas day but completely forgot about posting.  I don't feel like getting everything out to take pictures but I was gifted a the following

The Weeknd The Hills remixes

Beyonce's Lemonade

Drake's Views
Phoenix Alone on Christmas Day 7"
Zombies R&B 7"

Thank you I really enjoyed the Zombies 7" and I've never really sat down and listened to Lemonade and was pleasantly surprised after listening to it the other night so thanks a lot man, you picked out some great choices.

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Still need to see photos/gift breakdowns from @jhulud, @Green Tea Papi, @daegor, @ozfacter and @FiggyPud. Let's keep this thread's holiday spirit going for another day! 

Thanks for helping keep tabs, but we're def on top of it and Brandon and i know who still needs to post and will make sure they do.  Don't worry. We got it ✌

1 hour ago, Green Tea Papi said:

@billya Was my SS I opened it on Christmas day but completely forgot about posting.  I don't feel like getting everything out to take pictures but I was gifted a the following

The Weeknd The Hills remixes

Beyonce's Lemonade

Drake's Views
Phoenix Alone on Christmas Day 7"
Zombies R&B 7"

Thank you I really enjoyed the Zombies 7" and I've never really sat down and listened to Lemonade and was pleasantly surprised after listening to it the other night so thanks a lot man, you picked out some great choices.

Thanks man! I am glad that you enjoyed my picks.

On 12/31/2017 at 2:41 AM, backpackoat said:

Merry Cringemas, I made a video.

I was going to post pictures as is usual, but I had such a visceral reaction to the magic fish that I felt it needed to be documented. Unfortunately, I had obviously already seen it at that point but the rest is live. It was all opened Christmas night. I still don't know what a "false" fortune means, as every other option makes sense on its own except for that one, but so is life I suppose. 

My Santaman is very obviously Jared @Youinreverse this year, and I can NOT thank you enough. As is clear in the video, I am super lucky to have had you as a match this time around and you went above and beyond with your generosity. I'm not picky about my music, but I am a super weirdo and can only listen to certain types of music at certain times of year. Because of this, some records I haven't gotten to yet (this is a very jazzy time of year), but I am already OBSESSED with the Kamasi Washington record. What a fantastic choice that was, and I'm loving how classic and beautiful the Thelonious Monk record sounds as well. I have sampled the Built to Spill records (I quite like what I heard, a very different sounding band than what I had conjured up in my mind) and I will listen to them in February/March, as that seems a great time of year for them. My friend Shazo will hold me to it. You really knocked it out of the park with some spectacular picks and I am so appreciative. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and have a great new year my friend

Oh man, I loved this. Glad you liked the records and the fortune teller fish, haha. Graywhale is a record store here in Salt Lake City, and where I bought most of these records. I'm right there with you in the love for Kamasi Washington's new EP. I got to see him play a couple times each year, and I was completely mesmerized each time. Him and his band are incredible. If you havne't already, check out his album The Epic. It's a cool 3xLP set and it completely lives up to its' name. I wanted to grab you a copy instead of the EP, but couldn't find it locally. 

Glad you enjoyed everything!

2 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Oh man, I loved this. Glad you liked the records and the fortune teller fish, haha. Graywhale is a record store here in Salt Lake City, and where I bought most of these records. I'm right there with you in the love for Kamasi Washington's new EP. I got to see him play a couple times each year, and I was completely mesmerized each time. Him and his band are incredible. If you havne't already, check out his album The Epic. It's a cool 3xLP set and it completely lives up to its' name. I wanted to grab you a copy instead of the EP, but couldn't find it locally. 

Glad you enjoyed everything!

Truly an awesome gift and I super appreciate it all. Also, I forgot to say it but incredible eyes spying that waiter you vultures was the ONLY ptm record I didn't own. I have zero idea how you waded through my bullshit list and caught that one outlying thing. I actually didn't even know myself until I went to add it to the collection. 

Took a brief listen to The Epic on spotify and I'm going to wait to listen to the rest until I can pick it up on vinyl. Incredible stuff. I owe you big time for the introduction, man. Thanks for everything again.

• jhulud unpinned this topic