Ordering from Alternative Tentacles directly

Last weekend I ordered an LP from the webstore. Great price and I like going to the source. A week on I’ve not heard a peep. Email, phone, instagram all have messages thatve not been answered.

I know the store is legit but I’m wondering if I should cancel via PayPal or if this is how it works with them.

Shipping from them to me is 3 days. So even if it took a couple days to package and ship I should still have it.

You placed an order a week ago and sent the an email, instagram message and called them?

That is the most insane thing I have ever heard

Also right on the FAQ

Q. Hey, what gives? I placed an order on your website on Wednesday and now its Monday and I still haven't received it?
A. Most of the orders placed ship within 72 hours. Sometimes when we have a sale we get a few more orders than we are accustomed to and it takes a few days longer to process all of the orders despite us working more hours to try to catch up. Also, we don't work on Saturday and Sundays due to religious commitments and hence that may add a day or two to your waiting time. And on a few occasions we may be out of an item, like a book or t-shirt. Sometimes that takes time to get back in stock. Please be patient. If you need to know the status of your order email Mailorder.

8 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

You placed an order a week ago and sent the an email, instagram message and called them?

That is the most insane thing I have ever heard

Also right on the FAQ

Q. Hey, what gives? I placed an order on your website on Wednesday and now its Monday and I still haven't received it?
A. Most of the orders placed ship within 72 hours. Sometimes when we have a sale we get a few more orders than we are accustomed to and it takes a few days longer to process all of the orders despite us working more hours to try to catch up. Also, we don't work on Saturday and Sundays due to religious commitments and hence that may add a day or two to your waiting time. And on a few occasions we may be out of an item, like a book or t-shirt. Sometimes that takes time to get back in stock. Please be patient. If you need to know the status of your order email Mailorder.

After 5 days sure. Why not?. It’s not like I went early Monday morning. I waited 5 business days and then tried to contact. 

22 minutes ago, Monastic_mike said:

Last weekend I ordered an LP from the webstore. Great price and I like going to the source. A week on I’ve not heard a peep. Email, phone, instagram all have messages thatve not been answered.

I know the store is legit but I’m wondering if I should cancel via PayPal or if this is how it works with them.

Shipping from them to me is 3 days. So even if it took a couple days to package and ship I should still have it.

Patience Grasshopper.  AT have been in business for a long time.  Guessing they probably wouldn't be if their M.O. was fucking over the customers.

Just now, Dub said:

Patience Grasshopper.  AT have been in business for a long time.  Guessing they probably wouldn't be if their M.O. was fucking over the customers.

No doubt.  Which is why I simply asked if this is typical. If it is then fine.  No big deal. But you know everyone has to be a forum tough guy and talk shit (not you).

In the past I have ordered (somewhere different) where the order didn’t roll through the system but PayPal was executed. After contacting they realized they didn’t have an order but did see the PayPal. Shit happens.  Hence my question.

Dischord keeps their prices low. Motherfuckers put out a press release letting people know their prices were going up from $11 to...$14 with a month's notice so people had time to get orders in at the lower price.

Dischord will not steal your money. Dischord will not fuck you over. Give them a little while to put that shit in a box and go to the post office. It wouldn't surprise me if they went to the post office with orders once a week or once a month or something. Remember, labels (ESPECIALLY fucking Dischord) aren't Amazon. There arent hundreds/thousands of people working 24 hours a day to put your shit in a box. Dischord doesn't pay the USPS extra to get their shit out around the clock. I'd say a month is a reasonable amount of time to wait before bothering them.

Edit: HA! I'm am asshole and can't remember the difference between Dischord and Alternative Tentacles for 5 seconds. My bad, but still...give those motherfuckers a minute to do their shit.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

48 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dischord keeps their prices low. Motherfuckers put out a press release letting people know their prices were going up from $11 to...$14 with a month's notice so people had time to get orders in at the lower price.

Dischord will not steal your money. Dischord will not fuck you over. Give them a little while to put that shit in a box and go to the post office. It wouldn't surprise me if they went to the post office with orders once a week or once a month or something. Remember, labels (ESPECIALLY fucking Dischord) aren't Amazon. There arent hundreds/thousands of people working 24 hours a day to put your shit in a box. Dischord doesn't pay the USPS extra to get their shit out around the clock. I'd say a month is a reasonable amount of time to wait before bothering them.

Edit: HA! I'm am asshole and can't remember the difference between Dischord and Alternative Tentacles for 5 seconds. My bad, but still...give those motherfuckers a minute to do their shit.

Hahaha. I was thinking “this is one hell of a tangent!” I’ve ordered from Dischord though and it went smooth. 

1 hour ago, Monastic_mike said:

Hahaha. I was thinking “this is one hell of a tangent!” I’ve ordered from Dischord though and it went smooth. 

I've never dealt with AT, but really I think a month is a good rule of thumb with any indie label. I expect my amazon packages in 2 days. With any other vinyl order, I chill for at least a month. Still leaves you well within the window of getting a PayPal refund or a credit card charge back.

Besides, I'm sure Jello Biafra is busy pretty much 24/7 writing spoken word about the current state of things.

I ordered a couple of albums from AT about 3 months ago. They showed up in a couple of weeks. There was no word, email, fax, etc, but they came. There was even a bonus sticker of Trump's stupid face that said "Please Pee On Me." I'm saving it for the perfect urinal.

16 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Besides, I'm sure Jello Biafra is busy pretty much 24/7 writing spoken word about the current state of things.

Oh man, I really can’t wait for this to happen!

and OP. Just chill. That’s it. It’ll be there eventually.

Edited by Satan