NOW: Anberlin - NTFP & Cities represses [SMLXL Vinyl]

AlexH.

So I just happened to stumble across this? The description says "Limited repressing of the 2012 release with insert" and "This is a repressing of the original 2011 release in a gatefold jacket with insert", respectively, so it looks like they got a hold of the original plates and are doing a straight repressing of the original Record Store Day releases. It's billed as "limited", so hop to it, kids.

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/collections/latest/products/anberlin-never-take-friendship-personal-lp-limited-smlxl-repress

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/collections/latest/products/anberlin-cities-2lp

Edited by AlexH.

2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Can't make everyone happy, I guess :lol:

But hey, figure a lot of people will be happy about this who wanted the original album with artwork.  It is limited, but not crazy crazy limited.  

I have the boxset but I will pick up NTFP for that reason

1 minute ago, mmhmm said:

What do you mean by a wider standard release?

Remain readily available at other retailers, instead of selling out and not becoming available again. I'm grabbing it either way, I'm just wondering how they got an exclusive pressing and if it could be available elsewhere later.

3 minutes ago, RowBearToe said:

Remain readily available at other retailers, instead of selling out and not becoming available again. I'm grabbing it either way, I'm just wondering how they got an exclusive pressing and if it could be available elsewhere later.

I can't really speak for SMLXL but given how they've handled past exclusives, they have a tendency to find a way to repress if something sells out.  So when these sell out, I have no doubt they'll look into what it would take to make more available.  It's not exactly what you're asking but I think it might get at a bit of what you're wanting to see happen.  

1 hour ago, AsleepOnRocks said:

Why can't we get a repress of "Blueprints For The Black Market"? It's the only one I want!

Same! Also really wanted Cities, so this is half the battle at least! I can't really get into NTFP anymore (though it used to be big for me), seems pretty cheesy musically and lyrically compared to the other early T&N albums.

Tripped over this the other day on FB, thanks to Modern Vinyl. Ordered then and got a shipping notice already today. Big fan of Cities and already had that, but jumped on NTFP, despite not having heard that much. Really can't lose on these at that price.

Edited by danyc

On 9/29/2017 at 6:49 PM, mmhmm said:

Well it is a double LP as opposed to the single LP in the box. But it also isn't remastered as the box set version claims to be...so there's that.

I was surprised at how well it turned out on a single.

But I do think these two albums are their "best" work, I would've loved to get these in the years between missing the RSD releases and the release of the boxset.

3 minutes ago, danyc said:

Got NTFP in the mail today, but looks like it's going to be warped before I open the shrink. Anyone else have this issue? 

My Cities copy wasn’t warped but the jacket is put together a little wonky. Played *Fin last night to compare sound quality and it may jus be me, but this repress seemed to be a quite a bit more distorted than the box set version. Going to compare more this evening, but that may confirm the box sets claim of remastering 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...