Saves The Day-Ups & Downs LP and Other 180 Gram Reissues

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Did Ups and Downs fucking sell out on the one day I don't get to regularly check this shitshow board?

Nvm. It wasn't letting me add to cart for some reason.

I thought the same thing last night, just their janky site haha. Curious to see how long these stick around. /900 isn't a huge amount, but this is kind of a niche release.

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I thought the same thing last night, just their janky site haha. Curious to see how long these stick around. /900 isn't a huge amount, but this is kind of a niche release.

I think they'll go through that number relatively quickly though. I think by next week they'll probably be gone

26 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I love a Drag in D flat and Sell my clothes but aside from those I haven't heard these other songs, they somehow eluded me. Are they on par with those or stuff from the Through Being Cool era?

Many of them are, yes. This is 100% a worthwhile buy if you like the first two StD albums. 

Some of them are slower songs or acoustic stuff, but they're still great. I'm not a huge fan of live stuff, but even some of the live songs are good.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Instant order, I get why a lot of these tracks ended up b-sides but I still think its some of the best work they put out.

Not feeling overly optimistic on that In Reverie repress, especially with this being released first.  But we'll see.  Might need the band to intervene in order to make it happen.  Definitely thinking its a ways off on a Can't Slow Down repress, tough to estimate but I'd assume there'd probably be a lot less demand for it.  I like it, I think its a decent album, but its far from their best effort.  Plus it can still be picked up for ~$50 if you really want it.

3 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

Instant order, I get why a lot of these tracks ended up b-sides but I still think its some of the best work they put out.

Not feeling overly optimistic on that In Reverie repress, especially with this being released first.  But we'll see.  Might need the band to intervene in order to make it happen.  Definitely thinking its a ways off on a Can't Slow Down repress, tough to estimate but I'd assume there'd probably be a lot less demand for it.  I like it, I think its a decent album, but its far from their best effort.  Plus it can still be picked up for ~$50 if you really want it.

I paid like $90 for a sealed copy of CSD :(

I don't mind. It's a very important album to me. It was my first introduction to "emo" and made STD one of my all time favorite bands.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Got this today, some surface noise on the I'm Sorry I'm Leaving tracks but a good cleaning should fix that. Nice hefty 180g record, very pleased with this.

Good update. I got my shipping notification late last night, I assume two weeks until Canadian arrival.
How is the insert/booklet?

4 hours ago, bridley said:

Good update. I got my shipping notification late last night, I assume two weeks until Canadian arrival.
How is the insert/booklet?

Basic, I didn't check it out too much. I remember the CD booklet having notes about the songs but from the quick glance I gave the insert it looked like it was just lyrics and nothing else.

14 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Basic, I didn't check it out too much. I remember the CD booklet having notes about the songs but from the quick glance I gave the insert it looked like it was just lyrics and nothing else.

:(

Yeah, the booklet had some great old photos and interesting background explanations for each song. That's a shame, but I'm still stoked.