The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Ultimate Edition Vinyl Box Set" 4x LP

Got mine today as well.  Really impressed that ThinkGeek got these out so fast!  The overall package is super nice except for the paper sleeves (meh) but I slipped all vinyl into MoFi sleeves anyway.  I've only listened to a few tracks so far, and my only real complaint is that the title track sounds like it was recorded in a barrel 100 miles away.   I expected it to be a bit more up front and in my face, but it's just not at all.   It still sounds okay I guess and it's definitely worth the purchase if you're a fan of the game.

I've got the standard edition and must say I love the pressing for the most part; The packaging is superb (love the book style sleeve), but the only thing that spoils it is side G, it has a rhythmic static pop right towards the end of that side and the music is super gentle there. There's a few other places where this happens, which I can forgive, but it kind of wrecks a perfectly great ending else. Kinda looks like it happens right where the splatter is as well. Shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...