PO: Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties - Orchard Park 7" flexi

$4.99, limited to 1,000. shirt bundle available

https://www.coldcutsmerch.com/collections/loneliest-place-on-earth?utm_campaign=Aaron West Flexi&utm_medium=email&utm_source=rare.io

edit: soupy's instagram says 450 online now, the remainder (550, for the mathematically disinclined) on sale on tour next month

Edited by chamb117

8 minutes ago, Kristopher said:

forgive me if this comes off wrong, but what's the deal with flexi's?  i don't think i get it...

Cheaper to make, nicer profit margin, I'd assume. People will buy Soupy's stuff regardless of format. Flexis are dumb.

Song is nice though. Would've scooped up if it was on a 7".

Just now, TheWindBlower said:

Cheaper to make, nicer profit margin, I'd assume. People will buy Soupy's stuff regardless of format. Flexis are dumb.

Where did you find the song streaming? I checked YouTube after seeing flexis were sold out and couldn't find it.

18 minutes ago, Kristopher said:

forgive me if this comes off wrong, but what's the deal with flexi's?  i don't think i get it...

In addition to what's already been said, super fast to make. 7"s can still take a few months turnaround, and given that I think he barely recorded these songs like a month ago, hoping to sell something on tour, well that makes it a close call.

Ordered a copy of this + a few other things because Cold Cuts has horrible shipping prices.

Edited by MCDELTAT

6 hours ago, glass realms said:

I'd like to think that Dan wouldn't relegate this song only to a flexidisc so I'm betting that this is merely a teaser track to a full-length album or a longer e.p./mini album.

I don't know if this song will be on the new album, but there's definitely a new release coming. When I saw TWY play a few months back in LA they mentioned they were doing going to be recording several projects all in LA.  Those probably included the new Wonder Years album and the new Aaron West album/EP. Soupy said that after this Aaron West tour was over we'd hear another song and I'm assuming the pre-orders for whatever's coming from that. 

Also just barely got the song download like an hour ago. It's good. Like it better than the Bittersweet 7" songs. Just hoping the flexi doesn't sound like garbage because it is kind of a quiet song.

16 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Thanks. Ditto.

16 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

In addition to what's already been said, super fast to make. 7"s can still take a few months turnaround, and given that I think he barely recorded these songs like a month ago, hoping to sell something on tour, well that makes it a close call.

Ordered a copy of this + a few other things because Cold Cuts has horrible shipping prices.

Thanks, makes sense logistically.  I personally just can't justify spending money on one...

That being said, i've spent more money on less...so to each their own. 

15 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

It's good. Like it better than the Bittersweet 7" songs. Just hoping the flexi doesn't sound like garbage because it is kind of a quiet song.

this is also my concern. good, good song, though. it's better than the bittersweet tunes except for '67 cherry red, which might be a top-3 aaron west track for me. but otherwise that EP fell flat quickly for me after track one

• 1 month later...