PO Now: Sharon Jones - Soul of a Woman

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - Soul of a Woman - is out November 17th. Pre-orders begin shipping November 13th.

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings' final studio album, Soul of a Woman is a lushorchestral masterpiece. A true testament to the life and career of Daptone's fearless leader and one of the world's greatest performers. 

In the year prior to her death from pancreatic cancer in 2016, Sharon Jones toured and performed tirelessly, and was also the subject of Miss Sharon Jones!, an acclaimed documentary by Oscar-Winning director Barbara Kopple. Yet somehow, the beloved and heroic soul singer found time to complete a studio album. Soul of a Woman features eleven songs which reveal that the emotion, dynamics, and drama of Jones' voice remained at full power until her final days. 

• Pre-order Options Include:
  • Limited Turquoise color vinyl LP - 1 Per Customer
  • Turquoise Color Vinyl LP with choice of slipmat (single, not a pair). - 1 Per Customer
  • Men's Grey and Navy Blue T-shirts w/Standard (Black Color Vinyl) LP
  • Soul of a Woman Slipmat (Single / Pair)
  • Sharon Jones High School Portrait Slipmat (Single / Pair)
  • Soul of a Woman + It's A Holiday Soul Party Album Bundles

daptonerecords.com

Edited by tagruato

Ok, dropped by the Daptone website hoping for a re-stock of the new/final Sharon Jones on turquoise vinyl.

While the discription said "sold out," the website let me CHECK OUT a "sold out colored vinyl" copy.

I e-mailed them to ask what they are actually sending me.

Probably going to get a black copy for $1 more, but I figure it was worth a shot.

Wanted to post in case anyone else wanted to take "a gamble" :lol:

Edited by Plarocks