More details on the ATDI RSD Black Friday release:

4eebd28e-a85d-4225-a3af-283416b66fba.jpg

Capping off a triumphant year of live shows worldwide and the critically acclaimed in • ter a • li • a (Rise Records), At The Drive In has yet another surprise in store for fans: available exclusively for Record Store Day’s Black Friday, the band will be releasing Diamanté—a 3-song EP on 10-inch vinyl via Rise Records, out November 24th.

Produced by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and mixed by Johann Scheerer, the EP was recorded at Clouds Hill Studio in Hamburg, Germany in the summer of 2017.

Ahead of the EP’s release, the band offers a cryptic message behind Diamanté:

“How do you weaponize the insatiable thirst for life among vultures? How do you deprogram the coroner dissecting hiatus ? What light beckons you from the sewers of suggestion? Is your instinct extinct ? Or does it hide in the flash burn of counterfeit automatons? 5 boys with guilty slingshots swaying to the Midwitch Sound. Blinded by the DIAMANTÉ.”

The track list for Diamanté is:

SIDE A

Amid Ethics
Despondent at High Noon

SIDE B

Point of Demarkation

Diamanté will only be available at exclusively at your local independent record store on Record Store Day’s Black Friday (November 24th)—to find yours, head on over to recordstoreday.com.

I will definitely grab a copy of the Studio Ghibli recordings. That's all.  

This list is pretty bad but it's still worth showing up to a local record store if there's one by you. You almost always get freebies (the past 3 years I've gotten free tote bags, pint glass, coupon for free drink in said pint glass, multiple cd's, coupons and coozies).

But yeah, this list sucks.

Info on the new Dan Auerbach RSD Black Friday 7-inch:

c4481e29-a2c3-473c-b119-93ade6054eb8.png

This morning, eight-time GRAMMY–­winner, Dan Auerbach, announces a 7” Easy Eye Sound sampler, Good Sound Comes Back Around Vol. 1, which will be released on Friday, November 24th, as part of Record Store Day’s Black Friday initiative. The new 7” is a preview of upcoming releases on Auerbach’s label and features “Cellophane Angel,” an exclusive and unreleased track Auerbach recorded with the Preservation Hall Band, on Side A, and Robert Finley's "Medicine Woman"— the first single on Goin’ Platinum! due December 8th— and Sonny Smith's "Pictures of You" on Side B. Sonny Smith will be releasing a full-length album on Auerbach’s label soon. The 7” will be available at participating record stores, and more information can be found here.

5 hours ago, AlexH. said:

The fact that the list price is cheaper than The Greatest Gift should be a tipoff that it's not the full album. Carrie and Lowell Live is 89 minutes long, it'd have to at least be a double LP, and more likely a triple. No way it'd retail for $17.

EDIT: Confirmed by Asthmatic Kitty to be the Blue Bucket of Gold 12": https://www.reddit.com/r/Sufjan/comments/76rqgg/looks_like_carrie_and_lowell_live_will_be/

That's what I feared. Well, as it looks so far, I'll be at home this Black Friday.