Kayo Dot's debut CHOIRS OF THE EYE on vinyl for the first time ever!

Ice Level

Hi everyone, this is Toby Driver from Kayo Dot.

I'm happy to report that, after 14 years of perennially asking for the rights from the original label, Tzadik, we have finally been granted permission to *self-release* our debut album, CHOIRS OF THE EYE, on vinyl for the first time ever! I'm currently running a pre-order over at our bigcartel page, http://kayodot.bigcartel.com  Please take a look!

The deluxe edition is sold out, but the standard edition still promises to be of the highest fidelity possible, in a double-gatefold package, printed on mirrorboard and featuring the original artwork and new artwork, lyrics for the first time ever in print, and remastered for vinyl and personally cut by the original mastering engineer, Scott Hull at Masterdisk.  If you pre-order, you'll also receive a video of our reunion performance of CHOIRS OF THE EYE in full at The Stone in NYC, from August 2015 (to be delivered immediately), as well as an outtake from the Choirs studio sessions of 2003 (to be delivered with the records). The price will go up by a few dollars once this is out of the pre-order stage as well, so if you want to get it at this price please order your copy as soon as possible, specifically before the end of November. Expected delivery date will be late December 2017.  Thanks everyone and please let me know if you have any questions!

Here's a link to a stream of the album too, in case you're unfamiliar: https://kayodot.bandcamp.com/album/choirs-of-the-eye

Yes, the reason is: because I live in New York City and don't have a car, there isn't really any way for me to get the packages to the post office for delivery, short of renting a van. In fact, I tried doing it that way the last time I did a vinyl self-release (2013's "Hubardo"), and the post office gave me a SUPER hard time about the volume of packages I was dropping off. I spent weeks fighting with them about it. 

With Priority Mail, I can schedule a pickup at my house. USPS doesn't offer this service for Media Mail, unfortunately. 

Thanks, good question!

Edited by Ice Level

• 3 months later...