PO Now: Prurient - Rainbow Mirror 7xLP

I'm thinking about this, and I don't believe I've ever ordered directly from Hospital.

Maybe it's because they concentrate so heavily on tape, or the fact that the vinyl always sees a broader release, but I've never ordered through them, until now. So, I can't say anything about shipping notifications.

You're right about the October 30th sale date. Six to eight weeks means it will ship between December 11 to 25.

With travel, we probably won't see this until the New Year.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:09 PM, thetrackt said:

Does Hospital send out shipping notifications? Really amped on this one.  Preorder says 6-8 weeks and I think I ordered Oct 30 so... its been way less than that.  

I'm fairly certain I've only ordered once from them and I didn't get a shipping confirmation.  At least I don't see anything in my gmail that indicates they sent one.

• 1 month later...

Right.

So.

There's a slight chance that someone who's posted here might not think to check Hospital directly, and that's my argument for pointing out the following:

About a week before Christmas, there was an update on Hospital Productions website claiming that the pressing of Rainbow Mirror had been delayed, and that shipping wouldn't begin until roughly the second half of January. I believe it read somewhere between 15 to 19 January 2018.

Hospital Productions website updated their interface this weekend. The pre-order status for Rainbow Mirror still claims a 6 to 8 week wait until the product ships. The updated delivery date is not present.

Today, Boomkat began selling this 7LP verion.

It's a little more expensive than the Hospital edition, but shipping may be cheaper if you're buying from the UK.

I haven't checked; don't quote me.

Happily, one of the photos on Boomkat seems to imply that the vinyl version will include the bonus tracks.

Also, you can download the album immediately if purchased there.

https://boomkat.com/products/rainbow-mirror

I'm going to submit a request at Hospital to see see if they've started shipping. I'll update if they get back to me.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:59 AM, Multiverse said:

It's 4 a.m. and I'm listening to the sounds of cars passing by and Buddha Strangled in Vines Part Two, I'm going to buy this goddamned boxset very soon. Wasn't planning on it originally but this is a beautiful release

Brilliant!

Fernow has said that the intention of having such long, repetitive songs is that they resist maintained attention. The concert of duration and structure forces you to turn away, so the music becomes background or supplemental to your environment. 

In so many ways this is the opposite of so much of his earlier work. The harsh noise he's composed over the years is so imposing, so demanding, that you can't help but deal with it; this album wants to slips past you.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:38 PM, sacred_yes said:

I'm going to submit a request at Hospital to see see if they've started shipping. I'll update if they get back to me.

Unfortunately, the new Hospital Productions site doesn't appear to have mean of contacting the administration.

As I had mentioned, the delayed shipping date was to have passed by now, so if everything has gone according to plan, we should start receiving parcels in the next few weeks.

If I don't receive anything by the end of the month, I will have to look for a new way to contact someone at Hospital. Any one have any ideas?
I guess I could reach out to Becka Diamond on Twitter. She appears to be the only in-the-know person at Hospital who has an internet presence.

I will update here accordingly.

You beat me to this.

I got an email after I inquired. They replied quite quickly.

@ 14:53 - "The boxes arrived just now ! We’re frantically working to process the orders but they are here finally !"

and

@ 17: 19 - "Boxes are in and shipping now after a TEN WEEK delay from the pressing plant - apologies to everyone who ordered. We are doing our best to ship these right away and have already started with a team. We understand how much our supporters have invested in this undertaking. Thanks for your patience during this frustrating time ! "

Very exciting.

So, hopefully, no longer than two weeks more.

3 hours ago, dollarsandcents said:

Bummed I didn’t jump on this and ummed and arred until it has gone. Major regrets! Been listening a lot like a few others have mentioned and get lost in it. 

No need to fret! Hospital, Boomkat, and HHV all have copies to buy! (That's an America, UK or German distributor; order from whichever is closest.)

https://hospitalproductions.net/collections/music/products/prurient-rainbow-mirror-7lp-black-vinyl

https://boomkat.com/products/rainbow-mirror

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/prurient-rainbow-mirror-568563?p=Wa2XRL

On 11/16/2017 at 4:22 PM, sacred_yes said:

Indeed! Indeed. If those assumptions were true, those numbers would add up.

However, the above provided track listing is for the digital download and CD. It is not the issued vinyl track listing. The vinyl track listing omits the last two bonus tracks, while one source additionally omits the second part of 'Buddha Strangled In Vines,' thus leaving the L-side blank.

Now I did only allude to this in my post, rather than explicitly spelling it out ( "... unless we're also receiving the bonus tracks") so I can see why you'd think I'd be confused.

I'd be quite happy to get those tracks, but it's just that what we've been [told] is that the LP purchasers will not have them.

edit: added [parenthecized] word.

Nope it appears on Boomkat to show a vinyl sleeve with Buddhist State and Lazarus Flamethrower included.

21 hours ago, thetrackt said:

Nope it appears on Boomkat to show a vinyl sleeve with Buddhist State and Lazarus Flamethrower included.

(I seem to keep replying to this with no avail.)

I know! I am excited!

(It was have been a waste not including them on the vinyl release.)

I mentioned this in my January 11 post. It still appears the Hospital Production is not listing these tracks on their website. Regardless, very exciting!

It does beg another question. If every format includes these tracks, what makes them 'bonus'?

They'rejust part of the regular tracklisting.

Anyway ... excited!

21 hours ago, sacred_yes said:

(I seem to keep replying to this with no avail.)

I know! I am excited!

(It was have been a waste not including them on the vinyl release.)

I mentioned this in my January 11 post. It still appears the Hospital Production is not listing these tracks on their website. Regardless, very exciting!

It does beg another question. If every format includes these tracks, what makes them 'bonus'?

They'rejust part of the regular tracklisting.

Anyway ... excited!

Fair questions. But should all be answered soon - just got shipping notification from Hospital! 

Amped. 

Emailed asking about any cancelled orders weeks back and just got an email saying they’re going on in the next few hours. They’re up now if anyone missed out!

https://hospitalproductions.net/collections/new-products-new/products/prurient-rainbow-mirror-7lp-clear-vinyl-with-black-splatter-box-set

8 minutes ago, dollarsandcents said:

There was only two unclaimed copies so make sense. Hope someone else managed to bag the other :)

Lol, honestly feel better about it then. Good score!  Didn't bother to subscribe to the thread. Did not think there'd be even two unclaimed copies for sale a day after mentioning some regret over not going for the clear splatter. My luck is never that good... 'cept when it is, apparently.