PO (Soon): Damien Rice - O

4 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

A bit confused.... 

The DR website only says the deluxe is limited, implying that the regular $30 version is gonna stay in print indefinitely.

But the BM pre-order of the regular version is 1 per customer, implying it IS limited and won't be in print for long.

So......??

They told me they are limiting one per household because they are likely to oversell due to high interest and inquires since last year. 

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

They told me they are limiting one per household because they are likely to oversell due to high interest and inquires since last year. 

Aha, so it's gonna be one of those "this record will be pressed indefinitely, but we're almost definitely gonna sell out of the first run pressing so it will APPEAR to be OOP even when it isn't" deals.

Good to see Damien has elevated himself to Brand New Deja level. 

Just now, ejc625 said:

Damn I am torn on this.  I really want this album, but I also have to say I think we've all noticed a strong trend in vinyl lately where new releases are roughly halved in price on Amazon, etc. within a few months.  I wish buying vinyl didn't feel like such a gamble all the time.

Just now, Plarocks said:

I put a “Bull Moose” order in, 

just in case I am unable to secure a limited one from his website.

Will the Bull Moose version be a completely different “pressing” of the album? 

It will be a standard retail version; a lot of shops will get it.  How many they get, though, sounds like a big question mark right now.  I think Bullmoose is just being cautious because they have had to eat humble pie a few times within the past few years and cancel a bunch of orders when they oversell their allocation.

As for pressing, I know the standard MFFF was still 45rpm/180g, but I don't think there was a deluxe of that release.  I would expect all versions of O to be 45rpm/180g given that, but I don't have any confirmation.