Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

4 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I was gonna say something snarky about how there are tons of other bands more deserving of my attention than Thrice but I figured you'd show up and jump down my throat.

You’re right, but if you’re gonna play that card then you need a time machine to go back and not listen to that turd of a new album.

Also, I wonder if any of you agree with this. My friends and I talk of the “curse of track 4.” For their last three albums (Beggars, M/M, and To Be...), the albums have been really good, except for track 4. The 4th song on each of those records are borderline terrible, and I’d be hard pressed to find a bad song on any of their other albums. I’ll be interested to see if the curse continues with their next album. 

41 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wish haha...it was straight buttrock

They closed their set off with this track but I left before they played it because I checked setlist.fm and I just pretended that 

this fucking banger was the last track they played instead and fought everybody because the pit was actually pretty great

Also, I bit a hole through my tongue during Deadbolt. No ragrets

7 minutes ago, psus2h said:

I'm guessing these will be around for a few days.  This isn't the vinyl market of 2014. Looking forward to this release!

I doubt it, honestly, the first press was still going for $300+ just a couple of weeks ago, and it was out of 3000.

They are less than doubling the overall number available, and this newer, smaller pressing is likely going to be considered more desirable than the first.  I'd expect that this will sell out pretty quick and that the aftermarket will probably be in the $150+ range (for either pressing)

45 minutes ago, daegor said:

I doubt it, honestly, the first press was still going for $300+ just a couple of weeks ago, and it was out of 3000.

They are less than doubling the overall number available, and this newer, smaller pressing is likely going to be considered more desirable than the first.  I'd expect that this will sell out pretty quick and that the aftermarket will probably be in the $150+ range (for either pressing)

Let's be fast!

3 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Just realised 4400 people have liked the announcement of this on fb. Thinking this is gonna be a total luck of the draw order tomorrow. If i miss it I'll be disappointed but my bank account will breathe a sigh of relief.

I honestly doubt its going to be that bad. Just be on when its live and you should be fine.

3 minutes ago, pmlevine said:

I honestly doubt its going to be that bad. Just be on when its live and you should be fine.

Maybe. I got lucky with the last thrice debacle n got a smoke copy of TBEITN when loads of ppl ended up with the wrong colour though so I may have cashed out all my thrice related luck. Time will tell.

I have to chime in here because the amount amount of BS taking place here and IG are mind boggling. This won’t sell out quickly nor will it sell out in minutes. People want a repress, and there are tons of people saying they want it on Instagram but the truth is they are casual collectors and once they see the inevitable 80$ price tag a bunch of people aren’t going to buy it or end up change their mind. It takes a pretty serious collector to drop $80 for any album, And a bunch of casual collectors are about to get a wake up call.  There will probably be a ton of bitching on IG and I am sure a bunch of you here that are saying they are going to get it are going to say “nope” pass. So don’t worry it will be available. Also does everyone remember that they basically had to give these away? Wake up everyone 

any errors are attributed to wine and booze 

Yeah, the price will definitely deter some people. Also, 4,400 likes means nothing to me. I like a ton of stuff, doesn't mean I am buying. Don't think anyone needs to worry. This isn't a Mondo poster drop.

Edited by pmlevine

4 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Also does everyone remember that they basically had to give these away? Wake up everyone 

Yes, the first press lasted over a year, at least (maybe even three?) before it sold out.  But when it was pressed we were still very entrenched in the slump.  $15 for a single LP was considered outrageously high, so $50 even with such a great package, was just stupid.