Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

9 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Don't fake it, man. The number that was stamped on the jacket that houses the records that were pressed in a completely different chronology than what the number stamp indicates is serious business.

it’s not a matter of how useless or meaningless it means to the person, if you advertise and sell something with specific details, in this case, a definite numbering and limitation, then stick to it. 

the first 2000 people deserve what they ordered, not a modified version based on the crying people who missed out.

yes, there was a mishap with the timing of the release, it happens all the time but to sit here and belittle the people who got “numbered” versions before the pressing was extended is childish and immature. definitely sensing a bit of jealously tbh 

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

it’s not a matter of how useless or meaningless it means to the person, if you advertise and sell something with specific details, in this case, a definite numbering and limitation, then stick to it. 

the first 2000 people deserve what they ordered, not a modified version based on the crying people who missed out.

yes, there was a mishap with the timing of the release, it happens all the time but to sit here and belittle the people who got “numbered” versions before the pressing was extended is childish and immature. definitely sensing a bit of jealously tbh 

R U 4 REAL?

9 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Cancel your order then.

I got an order in before it sold out, if it's numbered then I got one.  If it's not then I don't give a shit.

can OP update the thread title to PO NOW so people dont miss this ? 

also, FTR, if my order before it sold out isnt numbered, im not gonna throw a fit and be any less stoked on this. just would like to know wtf the ordered and if theres a difference so I know if I need to order the new PO as well. 

Edited by tokimedo

5 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

I don't think what he's saying is at all unreasonable. I'm happy to own a copy regardless, but I think it's dumb to try to say you have no grounds to be upset if you don't get the same product you originally ordered. 

I'd agree, but it's such a minor thing.  For me it's like when the mock-up of the LP variant ends up looking entirely different than the production copy, I just shrug and move on...

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

I can’t imagine why you would need to order another copy. If anything it won’t have a little number hidden on the back. 

its been 10 years since this has been released and god knows how long until it happens again. why wouldnt I order another copy? 

but for real, for OCD/collecting sake. Plus id have one to spin and one to keep fresh for when I inevitably spin the other into the ground, or to give as a gift to a friend down the line...which ever one comes first. 

I don't remember the whole numbered thing being mentioned anywhere but here. Sure they said they were making 2000 available but I genuinely didn't see anything about them being numbered.

Glad that even though me n my friends managed to snag a set each when they popped up early the band have done the only decent thing they could and decided to expand the pressing.

Couldn't care less if there are numbers or if there isn't only 2000 in circulation anymore, as long as everyone gets a fair shake at getting what they want and the flippers and profiteers get fucked I'm happy.

40 minutes ago, ethereal said:

The problem is that this is the most selfish, self-centered, self-important and self-gratifying way you could possibly look at this. The fact that it was limited shouldn't have been a selling point for anybody. It seems like the limitation was more of a fact of "we can afford to manufacture 2000 copies of this set with no prior knowledge of how many we can sell" and NOT that you were supposed to be comforted by the idea that you are 1 of a potential 2000 individuals who own a copy of this numbered item and are now part of this exclusive club and that the exclusivity itself should carry some sort of actual value or that it should be valued by the purchaser. That's baby shit. That's vinyl bubble and collector-mentality shit.

Here we have a band whose merch provider fucked up. They saw then that the demand goes WELL beyond the 2000 units. To make their fans happy AND maybe make a bit more money off of a body of work that is a). deeply appreciated by so many b). specialized on a format that has gained popularity and exists in a niche market wherein the value of out of print materials sky-rockets and the scarcity forces fans to choose between nothing and a huge premium to enjoy the product, they press more copies without numbers.

Why shouldn't an album be pressed in the numbers to satisfy the whole or at least the majority of the fanbase who prefer the specified format?

This is the most self-centered problem to have with a vinyl record pressing. They're making more because bands like to sell albums. The vinyl format, especially a special packaging set of 4 LP's is very difficult to have pressed and to afford the production on. So they got the opportunity to see that they could sell more. So they're making more. GOOD!

19 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

The problem is that this is the most selfish, self-centered, self-important and self-gratifying way you could possibly look at this. The fact that it was limited shouldn't have been a selling point for anybody. It seems like the limitation was more of a fact of "we can afford to manufacture 2000 copies of this set with no prior knowledge of how many we can sell" and NOT that you were supposed to be comforted by the idea that you are 1 of a potential 2000 individuals who own a copy of this numbered item and are now part of this exclusive club and that the exclusivity itself should carry some sort of actual value or that it should be valued by the purchaser. That's baby shit. That's vinyl bubble and collector-mentality shit.

Here we have a band whose merch provider fucked up. They saw then that the demand goes WELL beyond the 2000 units. To make their fans happy AND maybe make a bit more money off of a body of work that is a). deeply appreciated by so many b). specialized on a format that has gained popularity and exists in a niche market wherein the value of out of print materials sky-rockets and the scarcity forces fans to choose between nothing and a huge premium to enjoy the product, they press more copies without numbers.

Why shouldn't an album be pressed in the numbers to satisfy the whole or at least the majority of the fanbase who prefer the specified format?

This is the most self-centered problem to have with a vinyl record pressing. They're making more because bands like to sell albums. The vinyl format, especially a special packaging set of 4 LP's is very difficult to have pressed and to afford the production on. So they got the opportunity to see that they could sell more. So they're making more. GOOD!

yeah but you wish all vinyl was printed in endless black so STFU...... JK JK JK

Edited by MayCauseDeath

6 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

yeah but you wish all vinyl was printed in endless black so STFU...... JK JK JK

You got me there. I mean, I don't mind if they press other colors too but yeah, I would appreciate if a long run was kept in print specifically on black vinyl for most releases. At least, for the ones that I actually want.

Any post more than one paragraph in this thread I skip tbh.  If mine's numbered, cool. If not, cool.  If your's is numbered, cool.  If you're upset your's might not be numbered, cool.  If you're upset someone is upset there's might not be numbered, cool. DOESN'T MEAN WE NEED A THESIS ON IT.