Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

37 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Any post more than one paragraph in this thread I skip tbh.  If mine's numbered, cool. If not, cool.  If your's is numbered, cool.  If you're upset your's might not be numbered, cool.  If you're upset someone is upset there's might not be numbered, cool. DOESN'T MEAN WE NEED A THESIS ON IT.

I dunno, if I was going for a Ph.D in any kind of behavioral science this thread would be a great resource 

1 minute ago, DecayToDeath said:

I dunno, if I was going for a Ph.D in any kind of behavioral science this thread would be a great resource 

I dunno this one has been pretty tame in comparison. Just people being pissed off and airing opinions. The Brand New and Glassjaw threads however...

5 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I dunno this one has been pretty tame in comparison. Just people being pissed off and airing opinions. The Brand New and Glassjaw threads however...

Forgot about Coheed. Brand New. Glassjaw. Coheed. The trifecta of douches (myself included).

To be fair the blink threads don't generate that much in the way of drama because 98% of the people who use them are far too busy playing the never ending variant hunting game to actually pay attention to the 2% who only go there to scoff at people listening to Blink 182 in 2017.

Either way we should probably leave the tangents there unless we want to cross contaminate this thread with the same bilge we all moan about elsewhere.

Back on the subject after securing my copy I gave Air & Earth a fresh listen for the first time in possibly five years and I've gotta say I never really gave that half of the Alchemy Index it's due. Happier about dropping those 83 bucks.                                           

Edited by Stress On The Sky

11 hours ago, Gilderoy said:

Well, this sucks.  I suppose that's what we get for taking their post about 10am PST seriously, eh?  As someone who is all too familiar with Sandbag from the NIN debacle, this comes as little surprise.  

I'm not sure how many people active in this thread dealt with the NIN shitbag stuff but there's been a few mentions and i recognize some of the usernames.  When i noticed sandbag was running the merch on the thrice site i had a feeling something would go awry.  i find it absolutely astounding that sandbag can't ever seem to run anything smoothly.  I am PRAYING my order doesn't get "lost" by fedex premier holyshit overnight delivery with this the way my NIN Deviations order was "lost".  i still think they just blamed that on fedex and it was really their own mistake.  that experience with them alone has me half-tempted to also put in a PO for this early 2018 run as a sort of safety net.

Wouldn't it just be a sad lie if the first 2000 are numbered? Like "let's make the first 2000 feel good about themselves with this fake number?" Because ultimately this pressing is not out of 2000, but more like 6000 or 8000. Maybe they'll round off the pressing and then number them out of that amount. But numbering out of 2000 and pretending there aren't more pressings is a little silly.

9 minutes ago, ckthriceck said:

Wouldn't it just be a sad lie if the first 2000 are numbered? Like "let's make the first 2000 feel good about themselves with this fake number?" Because ultimately this pressing is not out of 2000, but more like 6000 or 8000. Maybe they'll round off the pressing and then number them out of that amount. But numbering out of 2000 and pretending there aren't more pressings is a little silly.

There are tons of pressings like that, "First whatever amount hand numbered".

It's not an unusual thing to not number the whole pressing.

17 minutes ago, kentin31 said:

Aren't the first 2000 already pressed and shipping soon?

The band said the initial 2000 would ship before the secondary extension which does suggest they're at least closer to completion if not entirely ready to send out.

Also as fun as pontificating on the pros and cons of numbering this item might be, it's worth noting that it didn't say either the initial 2000 were numbered or that the second wave would be to my knowledge and I've yet to be corrected or proved false on that so far. Anyone with solid evidence of them being numbered please feel free to prove me wrong as I've already expressed I don't care either way.  It originally came up in here as a "it would be cool if" statement and a cursory internet search doesn't really dig any other mentions of numbers up. Being that labels love advertising that shit I would be very surprised if anything is numbered.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

1 hour ago, ckthriceck said:

I honestly don’t know how I’ll sleep at night.

I definitely recall their being some mention from one of the bands' posts which stated there would be 2000 and I'm sure that number was chosen because that was all they could afford to produce. But when you find out how rabid your fans are for something that sold out before it was even supposed to go on sale and you make more, its win/win for everyone except for the uselessly rabid "limited numbers" fanatics.

How many people who are worried about how many copies will be pressed are actually going to play their copy?

the original listing said numbered. people arent just pulling this out of their ass..

i guess time will tell either way. 

EDIT - i took a photo of the page to send to my buddy when i first noticed it was up..luckily. 

https://imgur.com/a/qkq96

15ck787.jpg

Edited by tokimedo
added screen shot